•22•

We pull from our kiss, the butterflies in my stomach still fluttering as he rests his forehead against mine. I close my eyes, a smile settling on my face as I simply take in the moment.
"Please tell me this meant something.." he says just above a whisper.
The front door opens, and I jump back nervously which he takes notice of.
"Tom, you here?" I hear his mum call from the entry way.
"Yeah mum, in here!" He calls back.
His mum makes her way into the room, and I shoot her a smile. She's very kind, I really like her.
"Good to see you, Chloe." She says.
"You too, Nikki."
"Tom.. the jet is ready for tomorrow evening. This trip is important for the... business." She explains.
Oh yeah.. she probably doesn't know that I know about the mob. It's probably for the best that it stays that way.
"Yeah, I've got it." Tom nods. "You can put those in my office."
I see she's holding files, I wonder who they're about. She walks down the hallway towards his office to drop them off, and I turn to Tom.
"You're leaving tomorrow?" I question.
"I was going to tell you.. but with the stuff going on with thinking your brother was back I kind of forgot." He explains.
"How long?" I ask.
"Just overnight. Haz is going to stay here so you're not alone though, don't worry." He assures me.
"Believe me, that is not reassuring. Haz drives me crazy." I laugh.
His mum walks back through, and hugs Tom tightly, kissing his cheek to which he groans, obviously a bit embarrassed. I think it's cute though.
"Be good." She says to him.
"Yeah uh huh." He mutters and she laughs. I can tell she likes to embarrass him.
"Bye you two, have a nice evening."
"You too Nikki."
She leaves the house, and Tom is quick to grab me by my waist, and pulls me in close.
"You kissed me." He grins.
"Yup. Anyways.." I break from his grip, walking towards the kitchen.
"Well are we gonna talk about it?!" He exclaims, following behind me.
I open the fridge, grabbing a beer to which his brows scrunch together.
"You don't drink." He says.
"Thought we were trying new things." I joke, opening it and taking a sip, but it tastes so gross I set the bottle down. Yeah we're not drinking any more than that.
"Can we be serious for one second?" He asks and I sigh.
I don't know how to be serious in a situation like this. I've never put myself in this position. And I really wasn't expecting for him to come back with an even more intimate kiss.
"I just.. it was just a kiss Tom.." I mutter, and I can see his attitude completely change.
"Oh.." he sighs.
"I didn't know- you know, that you would kiss me back." I admit. "I just have been having these.. ugh"
"Go on." He encourages.
"These- sexual feelings. It's nothing though. It's just me being a girl trapped in a house with a hot guy and-"
"So you think I'm hot." He smirks and I groan.
"Tom." I say, and he gets serious again.
"No I get it.. it's not like that." He nods. "It's okay."
"I didn't mean to make a thing of this.. I just acted out of pure stupidity and I shouldn't have. I don't want to ruin our friendship."
He gives me a small smile, pulling me in for a tight warm hug.
"That, my dear, could never happen in a million years." He says. "Like it or not, you're stuck with me."
I pull from the hug, grinning up at him and his phone starts to ring. he groans when he looks at the caller ID.
"I have to take it." He sighs.
"It's okay." I shake my head.
He answers, and instantly his voice turns into its work tone. I like his work tone. It's deeper and sharper, intimidating but hot at the same time.
"Really? It needs to be done right this second?" He mutters. "Fine. I want everyone in the meeting room in five."
He hangs up the phone, his features softening once more as he looks at me, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.
"I have to go." He says.
"It's okay, you have a job to do." I smile and he kisses my forehead.
"I'll be back in an hour or two.. we can finish talking."
•Toms Pov•
I walk down to the meeting room, really kind of pissed that the single greatest moment of my life got interrupted, even if it was coming to a depressing end. but also happy to get some information on the man looking for Chloe. I walk into the room, seeing Haz, Aaron, and Rubin. This better be worth them tearing me away from my last night here with my girl before my trip. 
"The mans name is Terry Roberts. He's fifty two, and he owns several businesses throughout London." Rubin says.
"So why does he have a problem with Chloe?" I questions.
"It's not Chloe we think he has a problem with." Haz says.
Rubin clicks on the computer, and turns it to me.
"This is Terry Three years ago. With her dad." He says, showing me a photo.
Why would someone who use to be friends with her dad use Chloes dead brothers name to file a missing persons report with a reward? How is there a connection to both of them?
"We could get more information on this, get the big guys involved, but in order to do that-"
"My dad would have to know that Chloe is here with me." I finish his sentence.
"Exactly." Haz nods.
God fucking damnit. There's no good option here. I can't tell my dad, that's not safe for Chloe, or for me. I can't just let this go though. If someone who was associated with her dad is looking for her, then she's definitely in trouble. Anyone who's associated with her dad is a bad person, a person you can't trust. I'm sure as hell not going to let anyone hurt her, especially not anyone from her old life. I told her she's protected with me, and it's going to stay that way.