01.

"WE'RE SORRY TO SAY that we're going to have to let you go," the old man's voice was low, almost emotionless, "while you did serve the company well, your services are no longer needed."

Chan's heart dropped from the center of his chest into his stomach, where it churned over in an uncomfortable circle.

"What do you mean, Mr. Park? It's not like I've done anything to-"

The man dropped his pen and sighed, "It's not about what you haven't done, Bang, it's about what you have done. You've worked well under my care but there is nothing we need you for anymore. Damn well half the world knows you're gay, you aren't attracting any people here."

His face warmed at the older man's words, and his eyes turned down towards the ground. So that's what it was about.

Chan initially got the job solely to pay his rent- which he had easily succeeded in doing. He paid half, and Changbin paid the other half: and this place was the best place that he could do it.

It took him nearly a year to realize just what they wanted from him, though. When he found out about it, he tried his best to keep himself calm about it, but the moment he confronted his boss (gosh, curse that man and all of his almighty glory) he was told that there wasn't much he could do about it.

He was simply being used as a publicity stunt for them. To bring in the girls, who would bring in the money.

"Sir, I don't believe it's my issue that we aren't getting any customers," Chan said through a disappointed sigh, "I think the issue is that your products are flimsy."

His (ex-)boss gave him a stern look, and straightened his back as he glared at him. "You're fired, Chan. If I need to say it in another language, then I will. Get out of my office and leave your name badge on the desk on the way out."

Behind shut eyelids, Chan rolled his eyes back and shook his head. Opening his eyes, he glared at his boss one final time, and lifted a hand to pull the name badge off of his shirt and slam it down on the man's desk.

He whirled around on his heels and walked out of the room, his tongue pinched between his teeth as he bit back the anger that was threatening to boil over like the macaroni water that he had on the stove the day before.

As soon as the light brown door closed behind him, leaving him out of sight of the older man, Chan raised his hand and folded his fingers over so that the only finger sticking up was his middle finger.

Frankly, he should have seen this day coming. Chan knew that, even though he was high performance employee, that the girls that once flocked around him and pestered him for his number would spread that the cute boy working at the malls off-brand-Aéropostale was gayer than the happiest man on earth.

Take that as you will.

It was either he was going to get fired, or he was going to put in his two-week notice. He was frustrated with the conditions that he was placed under- although, the work itself wasn't so bad -and further more, frustrated with the fact that his boss so much as figured that he was going to start some form of endeavors with his customers to get them to come crawling back to waste their money.

Hell, even Chan didn't buy anything from the store. He wasn't surprised if the girls simply didn't come back because the shirts were too flimsy and the jeans didn't make their asses look big enough.

And that was if they had asses to begin with.

With quick, hurried steps, Chan opened the door to the employee's only break room. One of the girls that was currently on break let her head perk up as Chan started to gather the few things he brought with him.