11.

"HA, FUCKING BIRD," FELIX pressed again the moment Yan An had left the room to go back to what Chan assumed was the kitchen.

It had been a mere five minutes since figuring out that he was what Yan An called a 'halcyon'. The word was too fancy for him to process a basic comprehension of it, though it seemed that Felix had already settled on the fact that he is, quite literally, a bird.

He didn't mind the teasing, considering the fact that Chan did the same to him- what bothered him as the fact that Felix was still ignoring yesterday's events as if nothing had happened.

He couldn't blame Felix for paying no mind to it- if Chan had the choice, he would have ignored it, too. He would have pushed the feeling he got from it down underneath a giant ice capsule to remain there until they were absolutely necessary.

He wished he could do that so effortlessly.

With a playful roll of his eyes, Chan looked back towards the hall that Yan An dismissed himself down, "You're a bird, too, you ninny."

He heard Felix snort as a response, only to roll his eyes and poke a finger against Chan's shoulder, "I'm the cooler bird. You're just a fucking flamingo."

"How are parrots cooler than flamingos? Last time I checked they weren't putting plastic parrots in yards as decorations."

Seconds later, preventing Felix from answering back with a snarky remark, a pair of people were walking down the hall with their ears in Yan An's grasp, hunched over slightly while whining to be let go.

They were then shoved towards a pair of chairs, where the two of them sat down soon after Yan An jabbed a finger at them, and sat down in his own spot. "Sit and be quiet."

Both of the males sat down without a word, one pouting while the other shook his head and leaned back- like he wasn't the one at fault.

However, it was clear to see who was the one at fault with the way he was acting. And Chan found it amusing.

Felix laughed into his hand, and Chan gently nudged him with his elbow to get him to stop.

Yan An sighed, "Sorry. They don't know what it means to be quiet and careful in the kitchen. Anyway," he turned his attention back towards the two of them, "Is there anything else that you're wondering about? Anything else I could help you with?"

Chan turned his head to look at Felix, but Felix's head shook.

Rolling his lips between his teeth for a brief moment, Chan then nodded his head instead, turning his attention back towards Yan An, "I don't know if it means anything, but the other day Felix heard my thoughts. And I'd assume he's heard them many times before. Do- do you know why that is?"

The pink-haired male stayed silent, bouncing his hands slightly as he looked at both Felix and Chan. His eyes then turned to Tzuyu, whose gaze was on the two unnamed males pouting on the couch. It seemed like none of them wanted to say it- or, at least, that none of them knew it.

"Either you can speak your thoughts out loud, Chan, or Felix can read your mind. But I would assume that it's the latter, and not the former. I don't think halcyons have the ability to vocalize their thoughts without talking."

Chan stiffened, quickly turning his head to look down at Felix. He didn't look fazed by what was said- not in the slightest. In fact, he looked neutral about it- like this was old news to him.

But there was something in his eyes, in the way that they were shifting just slightly.

"Are there any other possibilities?" He queried, finally pulling his gaze away from Felix.