09.

BONE RATTLING, OUT OF tune notes echoed through the messy living room, emitted from the guitar that was held in Lee Minho's hands.

For some God forsaken reason, the group (this, disappointingly enough, included Felix) decided to throw themselves a mini party. It was far from a celebratory one, however, they were treating it as such.

He only said he wasn't celebratory because there wasn't anything to celebrate.

From the last few days that he had been there, he had learned that all seven of the other boys trained rigorously and it- quite honestly -made Chan want to just drop dead and give up on being whatever it was he was being. Changbin and Minho often sparred with him (among Felix's very kind requests) and more than once, he had lost.

The stupid structure became something like a jungle gym: one that Chan definitely didn't enjoy, considering the fact that Seungmin was still instructed to throw balls at him. Hell, he had even downgraded to using golf balls.

It was horrifying, and Chan didn't see a reason for them to be celebrating at all. Especially with the way that Minho was holding- and playing -the Spanish guitar.

Chan swore that the broken, incorrect chords were going to break something: and he swore to the heavens above that that something was going to be his skull.

In the middle of his horrendous playing and purposefully screechy singing, Changbin and Hyunjin both dismissed themselves temporarily.

This, unintentionally, caused the guitar sounds to come to a halt as Jisung snickered.

"They are so gay for each other that it's honestly hilarious," he had quipped, turning to look at Jeongin, "you can't tell me that Hyunjin is straight after this."

Seungmin was next to release a noise, snatching the guitar away from Minho and adjusting it in his lap. "You won't get Jinnie to admit anything, Ji. Even if you are right. Man's even more stubborn than an angry jackass."

Chan admittedly released a choked laugh at his comment- as did the rest of them -just before Changbin had rejoined them.

Hyunjin followed after him, his lips turned up into a smirk.

Chan heard Jisung laugh, "And you're sitting there saying he isn't gay, y'all are some kind of other breed of stupid, because, obviously, he is."

The group fell silent- the only thing being heard was the lingering sound of the guitar strings when Seungmin's fingers were pulled off of them.

"Jisungie," Jeongin whispered quietly, and Chan noticed that he had his eyes locked on Hyunjin, "I think you made a mistake."

Chan slowly inched himself backwards and tucked himself behind Felix, as if Felix had suddenly volunteered as his shield against the force that everyone could see coming.

He could see how red Hyunjin's ears were- a sure sign of the younger's embarrassment -though his face was nothing short of a pissed off expression.

"I'm not gay." He stated pointedly, turning his head away and crossing his arms over his chest, "so drop it. Please."

Seconds later, Changbin snorted into his cup. But no one made any comments to it, and instead, directed their attention to Seungmin as he absentmindedly strummed a chord on the guitar.