12.

AFTER WHAT FELT LIKE years- but in reality, was only two days -Chan had finally managed to pull himself from the slump that he was thrown into days before.

Felix, just like he had been, was still ignoring what happened days earlier- aside from what Yan An had told him. Which, Chan supposed, was totally fine: considering Chan was now doing the same.

It was weird, really, how fast Chan had forced himself to throw out the thoughts about Felix that intruded his emotions.

Chan was slowly beginning to force his thoughts to hide away from Felix when they were in the same room, as well: hiding them deep into the crevices of his mind. It appeared that Felix did the same.

While borderline avoiding Felix, Chan had learned quickly that Changbin and Hyunjin were a lot closer than they had claimed.  Though, unlike Jisung, he never called attention to it.

He carried on with his so called 'training' with Seungmin and Minho, as well- both dodging balls and shooting beads of water consecutively at a metal target that they set up on top of the structure.

The only thing that absolutely unsettled him was: whenever Chan had successfully done something that Minho instructed him to do, Minho would begin purring with a triumphant, close-mouthed smile in his direction. 

It was cute. But it was unsettling.

He had also learned from Jeongin, somehow, that the more you empty your mind the better things would work. He only said 'somehow' considering the fact that Jeongin's attention span lasted a full fledged ten seconds before he was chattering on about how cute Seungmin looked in his giant blue hoodie and round, Harry Potter glasses. Or how he saw a squirrel and suddenly became intrigued.

He didn't know how he was getting anything done with them, either: to be quite frank, he was surprised he was getting anywhere.

A thing he had noticed, though, was that Felix was always watching on the sidelines. He was peeking through windows, watching him with soft eyes as he observed what Chan was doing.

The phoenix never let Chan lay eyes on him for too long before disappearing behind the curtains again.

More days of this had passed- training with Seungmin and Minho every morning, only to go back inside and either go down into what Chan assumed was a basement or to go sit with Jisung and Jeongin.

It wasn't until the fifth day of avoiding each other, that Felix finally decided to join them outside while Chan was climbing up to the top of the structure with ease. Felix was watching from the bottom, right beside Seungmin and Minho, as Chan pulled himself to one of the higher bars.

Chan didn't know what he was doing sitting on the bar- he was simply listening to Seungmin's instructions.

He had nearly missed when Minho was surrounded by a light cloud of dust, and in his place was a pile of clothes and a serval- ears perked up in interest. Chan almost cooed.

"Your goal, Chan, is to hit these frisbees from up there. The only thing is, you can't get Minho wet. This is solely about control and aim," Seungmin called, and handed a set of frisbees to Felix.

The brunet let his eyes fall on Felix momentarily, before he forced them to pull away. He just nodded his head, using his hands to help himself stand up on the bar. He wobbled before he got himself set comfortably, slowly inching towards the bar to his left.