05.

CHAN'S EYES REMAINED LOCKED with Felix's as he stared back at him. Had he heard him correctly? Or was he so out of it that he was beginning to hear things that weren't really there?

Blinking a couple of times, then a couple of more times, Chan turned to look over at Changbin, then glance at Hyunjin, as if asking them for some form of approval that Felix was, indeed, telling the truth.

And that's just what he got- the both of them nodded their heads, appearing unamused.

"So, that makes you some type of bird, then?" Chan mused, his eyebrows furrowed slightly as he looked Felix (rather shamelessly) up and down, "But you don't look anything like a bird."

Felix laughed, awkwardly. "Wh-what? No, I think you're mistaken. I am certainly not a bird."

The brunet cocked his head to the side with furrowed eyebrows- silently prodding Felix for an answer.

"I'm just a phoenix. Not a bird. Were you not taught this kind of stuff? Ever?"

Chan shook his head, causing Felix to sigh.

Although Felix denied such claims (the claims that he was a bird), Chan wasn't convinced. All his life, he knew phoenix's as 'the firebird'. A grand title, if he had a say in it.

To reiterate that, the fire. bird.

It simply didn't make sense to him how someone- who was built much like a human being -could be a phoenix, when Chan knew damn good and well that they were not built like a human being.

Taking this time of silence- though it was filled with the soft giggles that came from Jisung -to think once again, Chan's eyes rolled over Felix once again, from the top of his head, where wavy, silver hair lived- all the way down to his crossed ankles, seated on his bed.

Then Seungmin cleared his throat, once again slamming his book closed with a force that Chan knew would shake an entire building.

"If this doesn't get any farther in the next five minutes, I'm going home."

"Uh, Seungminnie," Jisung finally spoke, his voice soft and cautious. Chan could tell he was scared to confront Seungmin, "You are home."

Suddenly, the book that was in Seungmin's lap was flying across the room, aimed directly at Jisung. The pages flitted around aimlessly, but before the book could come into contact with Jisung's face, the boy whose lap he was sitting in grabbed it by one of it's covers.

"Just let Felix continue on with it, will you? This isn't easy for him and it certainly isn't easy for this Chan person to learn. Just shut up, sit still and deal with it. Goddamn."

Chan swallowed thickly, and turned his attention towards Felix again- waiting for his explanation.

"Uh, well." Felix adjusted his collar while awkwardly clearing his throat, "No, Chan I'm not a bird. I'm still 'human' in some sense of the word, but I'm not a bird."

Chan's head, once again, cocked to one side in confusion- much like a lost and confused puppy.

The silver-haired male's eyes softened, and he was evidently trying to bite back a coo that was placed against the tip of his tongue. He quickly shook that off, though, now staring at Chan the same way he had been before. "Like I said, I'm a phoenix. But human. Much like the bird, I'm pretty... I don't know I forgot the word-"

"Immortal?" Seungmin stated boredly.

"Ah! Yes, immortal," Felix said quickly afterwards, nodding his head quickly, "Anyway, the only real way to kill me is with bronze. For the other two family lines, it's silver or it's gold, depending on where you're from. Otherwise, there are no records of phoenix families, though we all speculate that there are more."