02.

A PHONE BUZZED HEAVILY in his back pocket. Chan froze, standing awkwardly in the middle of the uneven sidewalk, pulling his phone from his pocket to switch it on.

'Hey I invited Jisung over, just thought I'd let you know before you came back to a snackless kitchen.'

Upon reading this, Chan released a small snort and shoved his phone right back in his pocket.

He was glad that Changbin at least gave him a warning, though, he knew that he was going to have to go grocery shopping later. Jisung never had mercy on their kitchen- though, no one could particularly blame the whole blame on him.

He didn't have much- he was living in a shed behind one of his friend's home, a very small building that had no air conditioning in the summer, and no heat other than blankets in the winter. His money went right to school, where he majored in music production (and in conducting, but he didn't like people knowing that. It was a pride thing. No one had to know he liked swinging a baton around).

Chan felt bad, but Jisung didn't let him try and help at all- Jisung liked doing everything on his own.

Hell, when Jisung asked Chan to do a duet with him for music composition, Jisung already had an entire song composed and written for it. When it came to editing the final bits, he didn't let Chan help despite sharing the same major.

Not to mention the fact that Jisung didn't take money, either.

With a final sigh, after stepping aside for a couple of other people, Chan began on his short walk back towards his apartment. His steps were slow, the toes of his shoes dragging annoyingly on the ground.

It made him feel like a kid who didn't get what he wanted, overdramatizing the fact that he was upset.

Upon thinking that, Chan giggled to himself.

After a few minutes, the muted red colored building came into view. His nose scrunched up slightly as his eyes lifted towards the balcony that had a couple of jackets hanging over the edge to dry.

We need a dryer.

Clearing his throat, Chan took a few large steps towards the front door upon reaching it, bowing slightly at the woman who exited once he reached for the handle. He got a small bow in return.

He released a small sigh as he made his way to the old-styled elevator in the center of the building, pressing the dim arrow button a single time.

The elevator released a DING! and Chan sighed as he stepped in, turning around just as the doors closed. His pointed finger hovered over the buttons for a second, before he hit the button with a bold '4' on it. Once again, the elevator dinged, then jerked for a moment, and then began to rise.

Chan adjusted the jacket on his arm, brushing out a sigh just as the elevator jerked to a halt.

The door opened slowly, and he stepped out with a couple of heavy steps. The more steps he took, the smaller and quieter his steps became. Eventually, he stopped, digging into his pockets for his keys. He had then pulled them out, lightly biting his tongue, before he inserted the key into the hole, twisting it a single time. When he pressed the handle down, the door opened with a soft click.

"Chan!"

Chan was quick to brace himself, flexing his muscles just in time to manage to maintain his balance as a certain classmate bulldozed into him. He wobbled for a moment upon impact, but eventually wrapped a single arm around his shoulder, patting his arm softly.

Just inside, Changbin was sitting on the couch, his eyebrows furrowed. "You're back early. What happened?"

"Fired," he answered simply, inhaling deeply as he reached an arm back to close the door behind him.