20.

THE NEXT MORNING, THEY were once again walking towards the castle. This time, all of them were moving at a slower pace- even Jeonghan and his group were walking slower. They began to dread the idea of having to fight, but they knew that they had to.

At least, they wanted to: for Felix.

This time, Felix had decided to linger back with Chan, brushing his hand with Chan's every so often (Chan brushed this off as an accident each and every single time he did this).

Even Minho was worried- and Chan would have figured Minho would have been the one to express his worry less than the rest of them. But he was evidently worried. He kept scratching at his neck, and right behind his ear.

Chan swallowed thickly and turned to look down at Felix. Even he looked like he was going to combust because of this. And he was the one that planned it.

His eyes lifted towards the sky, the leaves creating a canopy above their heads. He could see the same hawk from earlier- a familiar, he had learned, of sorts: Joshua -flapping and gliding above, but acting careful to prevent being spotted by any unwanted beings.

The kiwi bird had eventually been turned back into a human- with the help of Jisung -and was walking alongside Jeonghan, arms swinging as if he hadn't had them in forever.

What an odd witch, Allen seemed. He had never met a witch who had so much problems with his powers. Though, to be fair, he had only met two of them, and they were pretty well strung with their abilities.

Regardless, though, Chan found him adorable: in the 'I'd adopt him to be my little brother for a day' kind of way. He was almost as innocent as Jeongin seemed (he was not, in fact, innocent) and really appeared to be unbothered by everything that was surrounding him.

He had also found out that San- the feline that was hitching rides on Wooyoung's back -looked like a demigod sculpted from marble by Michelangelo himself. And that was far from an under-exaggeration. 

Chan sucked in another breath, swallowing as he turned and looked over his shoulder, just to peer at the trees that were disappearing behind them as they approached Renakra. 

"IIIIIII have ninety-nine buckets of junk on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of junk-" Jisung began.

Everyone, excluding Minho and Allen, let out groans of disapproval.

"-take one down, pass it around, now I have ninety-eight buckets of junk on the wall!"

Beside him, Felix let out his own groan, followed by a laugh as he shook his head. This didn't seem like a new thing to him.

Though, Chan understood it. Jisung was something else.

He's got quite the voice for that song, Chan joked, turning his attention back towards the singing  male ahead of them. Very distinct.

Felix giggled at his side, humming along to the tune that Jisung and Allen were both singing at the moment. 'For sure.'

"-Ninety-four buckets of junk on the wall!"

Chan laughed softly, shaking his head as he turned his eyes down to the ground. If this was Jisung's way of trying to calm everyone's nerves down, it certainly was working. Possible in one of the wrong ways, though it was working nonetheless.