23.

JEONGIN'S YELLS FOR CHAN to keep running with them were drowned out by the adrenaline that was pulsating through his ears.

With his hands held up in front of him, the only thing that Chan could really think in that moment was for everyone else to run.

He didn't think that when he squeezed his eyes closed and prayed that it was going to work for him.

Never did Chan think he would hear full grown men yelling and running in another direction because of water flying in their direction. He didn't think he'd ever hear a bunch of grown, armored men trying to pull their legs from ice that they were just captured in.

Chan pried his eyes open after a moment, taking a small, stumbling step back as he raised his eyes to look at the few men that were now captured in the ice that he had formed from the ground.

The others were just trying to get over them and run again.

"Oh, God, Chan-" Jeongin grabbed his arm and tugged on him, finally pulling him away from the group of half frozen men, "You're literally on fire."

The brunet turned himself around and walked towards the group at an agonizingly slow pace.

Why would he have done something like that? HOW had he managed to do something like that?

Boiling water was far easier to do, and from what he had experienced, he would have preferred to be cold and shaking to being on fire and sluggish and not wanting to move.

Especially because he just wanted to fall over and lay in a pool of ice water.

He couldn't stop, though- Jeongin kept on pulling on his arm, pulling on it to get him to move along. As much as he wanted to stop, he wasn't able to- no matter how slowly he moved.

Chan bit down on his lip before he forced himself into a light jog, while still struggling to keep up with Jeongin as he ran forward. It wasn't until he was led into a large room that he was told to stop.

The first thing Chan did was collapse to the floor, now sitting on his knees.

"Chan," Seungmin muttered, gently placing his hand against Chan's forehead before shaking his head. "You really have to get up for a moment. I can't do anything to-"

Jeongin cleared his throat, "Can't you just balance it out by giving him something to burn?"

The brunet raised his head to look at Jeongin, and then glanced over at Seungmin. Seungmin, though, was staring at Jeongin as if he started speaking some foreign language.

"Just try it!"

Chan heard Seungmin groan, and mumble something like 'you owe me' before tossing a pillow in Chan's direction.

Jeongin instructed him to hold it in front of him, and to burn it like he had done to Seungmin's arm days earlier.

He tried. He willed himself to send boiling water into the pillow but nothing happened. The pillow didn't warm, other than from the contact it had with his hands. It was still dry.

"Seungmin, it isn't working."

Seungmin then sucked in a breath and crouched down in front of Chan, using his hand to lift his chin up slightly with a huff. "Think angry, Chan. You want to get to Felix, right? Imagine what it would be if you didn't. Think about how angry you would be if someone had tried to hurt him. Someone will hurt him."

He couldn't do it. Couldn't think about Felix being hurt, getting hurt, the idea of him hurting- he couldn't think about it.

"Chan! You need to try. There's nothing else that we can do."