1299 miles 🍊

Though, of course, it had to happen on the day of their anniversary.

"I never even imagined I would dare to hate this day, Iwa-chan."

"Well, we had the date, ate out the whole weekend," Iwaizumi states, as a matter of fact. "Just not on the actual day."

"But we never missed it once. Ever since," Oikawa goes on about, quite annoyed that Iwaizumi isn't showing frustration in this, but he figures out that's just how he executes his dramatics (though he's never admitting to that.) He plops his travel bag down with such palpable dismay in his voice, a little demanding as well. "We always got to celebrate it together from morning even until midnight. It's just... you know... odd missing it for the first time."

"You're odd," Iwaizumi makes a half-assed retort and sends him a soft half-smile, warm hands placed on his hips-it's a deadly combination that leaves Oikawa a melting mess. Such gestures make his knees buckle and him miss Iwaizumi even more, even to this extent where their present proximity somewhat comes as a mere illusion to him. "You'll be back in no time, babe. And we can have dates all week long... or whatever."

"You're such a sweet talker, aren't you?" Oikawa gently swipes Iwaizumi's growing bangs, a chuckle flirting at his lips though he knows Iwaizumi might have said it in a sarcastic tone. But he does know how Iwaizumi is just as eager as he is. "I might really not want to go now if you keep saying anything more."

"You're ugly."

And as swift as a wind, he detaches from Iwaizumi and stomps towards the door. "Well, I hope I won't ever see you again."

"Your ass can't take a joke."

"There is solely one thing this ass can take," Oikawa teases, suggestively moving his eyebrows. Iwaizumi mimics him, just as naughty.

There's a loud chuckle that follows him and then Iwaizumi grabs for his waist and backs him up against the nearest wall. He has this discrete smile so sweet it makes Oikawa's chest ache with early yearning.

"Four weeks, huh?"

"That's like a whole month or almost," Oikawa says, voice tilting in realization, and then sighs a long one after he gets a hold of the realization itself. "Sometimes, just sometimes, I hate my job and wonder if I should just approach a career change and become a housewife instead."

"A month is nothing."

"Yeah, a month with no sex and kissing is just nothing to you, Iwa-chan! That totally makes me feel better."

"Yeah, it really is nothing to me, Oikawa."

He yelps when Oikawa whacks his shoulder. "Unbelievable."

Iwaizumi's triumphant grin is too contagious that Oikawa can't even be mad at him-instead, he goes to embrace him snugly, face smushed to the coziness of his broad shoulders, and even playfully bites him there. He really wouldn't want to go anywhere if not for the upcoming league-he thinks how the whole thing would be more likely convenient if China was just a few kilometers away so he can just leg the entire distance to their apartment every day, vice-versa, for the whole month. The gloomy mood in the air kicks in when Iwaizumi's arms come tighter around him, and he just wishes time won't have to tic forward because he would rather stay standing with him like this all day.

"Gonna miss you," Iwaizumi says and the meaning behind it varies. Our cat is going to miss you. I'm going to miss having breakfast with you. Home isn't going to be the same without you. "Come home fast."

"You said one month is nothing," he retorts, throat starting to fill up with hard plasma that triggers something in him. "Stupid Iwa-chan."

"You tell me to come home fast when I go out for groceries, idiot."