out of my league

˚✧₊⁎         ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"are you really that oblivious?" louis trailed behind y/n who was getting her drink from the fridge. "i'm not oblivious louis, i'm just being realistic, true!" she sat down on one of rhe high chairs, aggressively placing down the bottle on the marble countertop. "it's literally obvious i know you know he feels the connection between you two, you just don't want to admit it!" y/n rolled her eyes infront of her bestfriend, trying to pick another fight about the same topic for almost a year and a half.

"well maybe i don't want to admit it! i don't want to admit something that i don't know if it's true, does that sound right to you?" she spat back. "for god's sake y/n, why? just why? what's the fucking reason this time?" y/n took a deep breath, preparing herself for the embarrassment she didn't really want to hear, the truth coming from herself.

"because" she said in a softer tone. "i'm way out of his league louis". y/n sighed. "with his talent and passion, look where it's gotten him! it's like his name's even bigger now. the moment you hear the name finn wolfhard, countless thoughts and things about him will flood over your mind that's amazing and true." y/n paused for a bit as louis took the time to listen and understand his bestfriend. "you know it's, it's just everything about him. not just what a million people see but also what a few people see, what i see. the way he's so kind and caring and, and understanding and sweet, i just don't think i'm one of those things! not even the closest. and i just don't think i can handle another pain of rejection and sulk in my own pit of self doubt again." y/n started to tear up as louis reached for her hand, comforting her.

"finn is amazing you know, as cheesy as this sounds, he's part of my growth as a better person and in loving myself. he helped me appreciate myself more. our friendship's amazing, and i don't want my pointless feelings ruining that. not with him" y/n finished as louis sighed. "look i'm sorry if you felt this way, but i appreciate you telling me this even if it's hard" y/n smiled, sniffling. "you're not way out of his league y/n/n c'mon you're fucking amazing!! i'm sure finn sees that whether he likes you back or not, okay?" y/n nods. "maybe" she mumbled making louis sigh. "it's okay if you won't tell him i won't tell you anymore to-" "no it's fine, i- i think i will." louis looked at her in a strange and questioning way. "i just want to let him know how much he means to me. if it matters ro him or not, at least he knows" y/n chuckled.

"there you guys are! i-uhm i've been looking all over for you" finn awkwardly chuckles. "you okay or?" y/n asks. "oh yeah! it's your guys' scene already. i'll see you" he smiled leaving the two alone again. "guess we just have to go through the day, again" louis joked. "yup" she agreed. "wait are you gonna tell him today or?" y/n nods in disagreement "oh god no i think i'll have to make a script for that first" she laughs.

"i'll wait for another day"