out of my league (ii)

˚✧₊⁎ ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"i'll wait for another day"
finn eavesdropped for the second time, secretly hiding behind one of the props on set. he smiled to himself thinking of how much impact he had on the girl's life, and how stupid she was to think that he was way out of her league. it was hard for him to believe that y/n liked him back. though he does understand how difficult it was for y/n to admit her feelings to himself. because that's how he feels too. finn thought y/n wouldn't like someone like him. she even seemed too independent and better on her own, why not just let her be?

sure her exes were douchebags and that he wants to treat her better, but he doesn't think that's gonna happen. he thought maybe y/n wouldn't let him or trust him to do so. or in another case, she just sees him as a friend. finn always thought of that whenever she's around making him feel things. unexplainable ones.

but today, he felt like a new door of opportunity and chances appeared in front of him. he was no longer hesitant; he felt no doubt in showing the girl how amazing she is in the best way possible

after a few hours of y/n and louis shooting their scenes, y/n received a text from finn telling her to meet her at his trailer right after shooting. she was curious at first but thought of another dumb shit that finn wants to pull out with her. rolling her eyes, she waved goodbye to louis and made her way to the trailer. y/n gently knocked on his door. as fast as the speed of light the door flew open revealing finn in a nice outfit that made her heart melt on the inside. "another dumb shit wolfhard?" finn chuckled and nodded. "hopefully not, it's creative though. come on!" he grabbed her hand as they walked briskly, laughing and playfully teasing one another.

the sun slowly fades, showing beautiful and mesmerizing colors that brought out each others' eyes, and stare into it at each other. "I had a lot of fun you know" y/n looked up at finn smiling, as they walk beside each other. "i'm happy you did" finn caught her eyes, feeling butterflies in his stomach. "can i tell you something?" he stopped and took a seat at the pavement, y/n joining him. "you're not out of my league y/n, you're literally fucking amazing do you know that?"

y/n looked like she had seen a ghost, surprised and confused. finn gently grabbed her hand and continued. "look, i don't want to see less of yourself just because you see me so much more the way i do to you, if i'm amazing to you, that's because of you. you really motivate and inspire me y/n/n." y/n would be lying if she didn't admit that it seemed like a thousand fireworks exploded within her. she awkwardly laughed with a genuine smile and squeezed his hand, him rubbing hers with his thumb.

"i like you, i really do, and i- i just- i don't want you to think that you're out of my league. cause you're not." "that's cool i like you too" she smiled intertwining her fingers in his. "actually, i like you a lot" she stopped infront of him looking deeply into his eyes. finn was about to lean but the joker y/n is, she teased him since she still had some scenes to shoot. "aha not so fast loverboy, i'll see you later!" she blew a kiss at the lanky boy, walking backwards and smiling like an idiot. "whatever you tease!" he catched the air kiss she blew and patted it in his chest making y/n laugh. they both knew it was a start of something new. and they can't wait to get into the long way with the thought of each other on their side.