Chapter 28

I stare at my reflection as I step out of the shower wiping away the fog on the mirror. My hair was wet and about two shades darker. My bangs lay plastered to my forehead. I snort at my reflection before exiting my bathroom. I'm met with Ji-hoon laying on my bed with his arms crossed behind his head. We stare at each other in silence with blank expressions. "You look like a wet rat." He states before closing his eyes.

 I scoff. "Why thank you my dear sweet older brother. You boost my confidence so much!" I jerred rolling my eyes.

 I walk into my closest pulling out a pair of Nike leggings and an oversized green Nike pullover. I quickly change before walking out, tying my hair into a loose knot to dry later. "Now what do you want?" I asked, grabbing my glasses off my nightstand and staring down at the giant on my bed.

 "I can't just come and visit my little sister in her room?"

 "No." I snorted. "You're not Wanho."

 He places a hand on his chest in mock hurt. "I'm offended."

 "Good."

 He gasps. "Is that anyway to talk to your older brother?"

 I shrug walking away. "No probably not." I yell, grabbing a towel to dry my hair.

 He stares blankly at me before sighing. "Fine. I need to use your car."

 I scowl. "Why?"

 "Mines in the shop and I have a date tonight."

 Ignoring the fact that I was just now finding out about this date my scowl lessens and I frown. "Why my car?"

 He grins. "Yours looks cooler."

 I scoff tossing my towel away. "Yeah fine I don't care. Just don't wreck it or get it dirty. I just got it cleaned."

 He jumps up pulling me into a quick hug. "Thanks little sis!"

 I nod as he races out. "But don't think you're getting away with just now telling me about this date of yours!" I call after him standing in my doorway. "And don't have sex in my car!"

 He tosses me a thumbs up as he disappears into his room down the hall and my gaze shifts to Jiwoo who poked her head out of her room. "He has a date?"

 I shrug my shoulders. "I guess so."

 She hums. "Oh. I guess you'll have the house to yourself tonight."

 I let out a soft 'ah' remembering that the other 3 were going to see a movie I saw last week with Ji-hoon and nod. "You sure you don't want to come?" She asks.

 I smile softly. "No it's fine. You 3 have fun."

 She gives me a nod before disappearing back into her room.

~-~

 A few hours later, I'm sitting at my desk writing lyrics in my notebook when my phone rings. Assuming it's one of my brothers checking in, I answer without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

 "Wow. I must say I'm surprised you answered considering how our last conversation went."

 My face pales and my eyes snap shut as fear freezes my body. "Mom." I choke out.

Oh boy.. The next chapter is.. welp I guess you'll have to see. We learn some important stuff about our main character that will tie into some things in the future but that's all I'll say. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!