Chapter 29

TW// Mentions of abandonment, panic attacks, cheating, Moon's mom is manipulative and a horrible person

"Stop calling me that." She snaps.

I flinch at her harsh words. Blinking back tears, I take a deep breath to gather myself. "What do you want?" And I silently cheer for how steady my voice came out.

"Rumor has it you came out with a new album." She sneers.

"Yeah I did."

"Hm. I'll have you know it's everywhere and I hate it."

I flinch at her words. "How do you think it feels hearing the same person who tore my family apart everywhere I go." She yelled.

"But I didn't-"

"Shut up! You know what you did. You were born!"

I suck in a breath as the familiar words stabbed themselves into my heart. "I never wanted a girl." She snarled. "I knew I should have gotten rid of you when I had the chance. Left you there and never looked back. But your father insisted. Said he always wanted someone to spoil. I always wondered why he didn't spoil me." She paused. "Then I realized it was because of you."

Tears spill out of my eyes as her words weave their way back into my head where I had previously shut them out. "Your brothers and I would have been perfectly fine without you." She stated.

With a sob, I quickly hang up. Deep breaths were useless at this point as my body shook and I lost control of my breathing. Barley registering my phone ringing, I check the caller ID through blurry eyes and answer. Jungkook's smile immediately drops as he takes in my state. "Noona?"

Hearing the word, another sobs racks through my body and his eyebrows furrow. "Noona please. Talk to me."

I look at the younger boy with blurry vision. "Kookie." I choke.

"I'm here Noona. Do you need someone? Should I get Yoongi-hyung?" His gaze screams worry and sadness.

I shake my head with a hiccup. "No. Please stay. Will you sing something for me?"

His eyes widened before giving me a soft smile. "Anything for you."

His voice flows through the phone with a familiar yet distant song. I slowly managed to get my breathing under control and realized he was softly singing his cover of Paper Hearts. My breathing eventually evens out and my sobs are reduced to sniffles and hiccups. "Thank you." I whisper.

He gives me a small smile. "Of course Noona. Would you like to talk about it?"

I sigh standing and moving to my bed wiping my tears as I go. "No, but I probably should."

I prop my phone up and fiddle with my hands. "As you already know, I was born in Daegu. My family was pretty poor and we didn't live in a very good area. My dad worked two jobs and my mom worked one. When I was 8, my dad managed to make enough money to send my mom, Ji-hoon who was 9, Wanho who was 6 and me to the states. The 4 of us packed our stuff and got a small apartment in New York leaving my father behind till he could join us. Things were good for a couple of months. My mom had found a job as a waitress and Ji-hoon had just turned 10 and was doing a few odd jobs for our neighbors and I was walking dogs for a bit of cash."

I looked up at him to see he was listening intently. "Then, my mom started cheating. She'd come home late with her clothes in disarray and makeup smeared. We all knew. But I was the only one to mention it. Which made her hate me more."

"Wait. Hate you?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I nod. "My mom always hated me. She never wanted a girl and she took every chance to remind me that. But my dad always wanted a little girl."

He nods processing the information. "Anyways. She got angry at me and stormed out. She came back two days later with new clothes and jewelry. The man she was cheating with was rich. Filthy rich." I rolled my eyes. "Within the next week we moved to a small house. By this time a few years had passed and I was 11 now. My father had finally moved back in with us and found my mom cheating. She blamed it all on me. Claimed I had gotten into some trouble and was only doing it to pay off my debt."

"He didn't believe her right?" Jungkook asked with wide eyes.

I shake my head. "No he didn't. Everyday they would fight. My mom still slept around and my dad had found a nice paying job but they still fought. While they did, my brothers and I would go down the street to a music shop. That's where I learned  how to play piano, guitar, and just about every instrument. The young couple who owned it, took us in. We'd often play out on the sidewalk to attract customers. When I turned 17 I had gotten a record deal after being watched performing one day. I had already finished school since I'd graduated early so I took my brothers and left. A month or so passed and I finally got the call from my mom I was dreading."

I took a deep breath. "She disowned me that day. Told me it was my fault  that her family was broken apart. Told me she should have left me in the hospital like she thought and wanted to do. Told me she should have taken the several chances to leave me somewhere and never look back." My voice cracked and I refused to meet his eyes.

"We had no contact till I turned 20. She called again. Told me she knows I'm making music and how I would fail at that and still ruin others lives like I did to her. It was then I found out my father had left her and she had moved to Chicago with her new rich husband. I also found out about BTS that day. It was June 13." I give the younger one a soft smile which he returns.

"I haven't had any contact with my dad since I left and that was the last time I had contact with my mom. Until today. Thinking it was one of my brothers calling to check in, I answered."

"What did she say?" He asked softly.

I let out a shallow laugh. "The usual. How I'm worthless and she should have abandoned me. Said she hears my music everywhere and hates it."

Jungkook frowns. "Your mom sounds like a bitch."

I choke hearing him cuss so blatantly. "Kook! I mean you're not wrong but Kook!"

He shrugs. "It's true. You don't believe her though. Right Noona?"

I don't meet his eyes which I can feel staring at me. "Noona?"

Howdy! I will never say that again I'm sorry.. kinda a serious chapter this time but it's important background about Moon and will be important in the future.
I was very hesitant ab posting this tonight because of what just took place around an hour ago.
   Tw// death
A black man by the name of Brendon Burns was sentenced and executed on death row. He was wrongly accused of committing a crime back in 1999 when he was 18 years old. Despite all the petitions and the calls made to try and relieve his sentence as well as many of the people who were apart of giving him that sentence retracting their thoughts on it, our President as well as SCOUTS still went through with the process. As a young black women, my heart hurts and I grieve and send my condolences to his family and friends. There are several others on death row who have been wrongly convicted so please take the time and do your research as well as sign petitions yourself. There are so many people who have done worse, and gotten off with less. Black lives haven't stopped mattering just because the media has stopped talking about it. BLM✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿