Chapter 48 - Realisations

1st of December, 1996 - 13:56
—————

I walked towards the library, I needed to find out what a horcrux was. Tom refused to tell me so I would just have to find out for myself. As I got to the library I noticed Barty who had his head in a book, 'typical ravenclaw' (A/N - Don't come at me I know he is a Slytherin in the movies) I thought to myself... Wait he is bound to know what a horcrux is. When did I forget all about their book smarts. 'dumbass'.

Harry - "Hey Barty?"
Barty - "What's up, Hadrian?"

I smile at the use of my full name, most don't use it but that's what makes Barty different.

Harry - "Not much, but I was wondering, do you know what a horcrux is?"

Barty's eyes seemed to narrow and grow colder, he looked up at me with a hard look, none of the playfulness could be heard in his voice. It sent a jerking shiver down my spine even though I would never admit it.

Barty - "Why do you want to know what a horcrux is?"
Harry - "The dark lord mentioned it, and wouldn't tell me what it was."
Barty - "And that is with a good reason."

Barty got up and shut his book closed. I had never seen him like this, so cold and hardened.

Harry - "Please. Just tell me what it is."
Barty - "Fine. it's an old magic used to split your soul, you hid your soul shard in an object and hid it. If your horcrux is never destroyed you will forever have a living tether to this world. You will basically become immortal."

My eyes widened as Barty got deeper into his exclaimation, he couldn't believe Tom had split his soul... I shook my head in disbelief, I murdered part of his soul, Part of his soul was gone. suddenly I was shaken out of my thoughts by Barty grabbing my shoulders,

Barty - "Promise me you will never ever make or even think about making a horcux. It's a dangerous piece of magic."
Harry - "I promise."

This was spoke in such a way you could tell if I was listening or not, my voice and mindscape where zoomed out. I walked away from Barty with the feeling of rage and sadness boil inside me. I had murdered part of Tom. The guilt that consumed me was overwhelming. I needed to lie down, but I knew I would get no sleep.

~414