Hogwarts express

As we gathered the last of our things we were shot angry glances from Ginny. We used floo powder to floo to platform 9 3/4. Mr and Mrs. Weasley watched as we boarded the train and left. Ron and Hermione went off to do there prefect duties while the twins and I left to go find a compartment. Fred and George found their friend, Lee, and insisted we meet so I sat into their compartment.

"Hey I'm Lee Jordan" he greeted reaching out his hand.

"Harry, Harry Potter" I replied smiling while shaking his hand. After we left the platform, Fred, George, and Lee started talking about quidditch while I stared out the window. 

'Their just pranking you, you know. They dont love you and they never will' the voice belittled. As I let that thought sink in I decided I would go find a compartment to myself.

"I'm gonna go take a walk" I told them as I left the compartment. The only compartment left was at the very end of the isle. I entered the empty compartment, closed all the curtains and took out my blade. I did a few cuts on my arms before a girl knocked and came in.

"Excuse me but may I sit in here, all the rest are full" she stared at me noticing my arms but not asking.

"Please be my guest but may I ask your name" I responded averting my eyes.

"My name is Luna Lovegood." she said in a spacy, sweet tone"May I wrap those cuts on your arms for you?" her tone sounding a little worried.

"Ya sure" I replied continuing to look away but putting out my arms. For the remainder of the ride we had interesting conversations and I felt she could understand me. When the train stopped we waited a bit until we were on the last carriage. Once we reached the carriage I saw a horse like creature pulling the carriage.

"Thestrals" Luna said as she caught my gaze" you see them when you see death."

"Who did you-"

"My mum, she was a rather extraordinary witch but she liked to experiment" 

"oh, Im sorry" I said sadly. 'Now I know why I thought she could understand me'

"Its fine, I still have my dad" she responded in her normal dreamy tone. We continued to converse until we reached the Great Hall where we parted ways. As I reached the gryffindor table I was tackled into a hug by both Fred and George.

"Where were you" they scolded at the same time.

"I was with Luna" I muttered as my ears flattened to my head,"I'm sorry" I said as I rushed away to Ron and Hermione with tears in my eyes. As I reached the seat they saved for me I wondered why I was so emotional all of a sudden. When I sat down Ron asked what was wrong and I responded with "I don't really know to b-" 

"It's because he's a just after getting his inheritance" Hermione interrupted,"It makes him more sensitive." While we waited for the sorting ceremony to begin I felt eyes staring at me. As I looked around me for the source I noticed a lot of the staff stealing glances and me and what i'm assuming was my ears. I assumed I would be questioned on this later so I decided to just drop it for now. When the sorting ceremony began I dozed off into my head and started hearing the voice.

'Remember your promise?' the ominous voice sounded from the depths of my mind.

'What promise?' I responded nervous as to what I promised to a voice in my head. 

'you'll be jumping off the tower tonight'

'What' I thought worried,' What about Fred and George'

'You really think they care about you. Their just playing you fool. They love each other, there's no room for another' It said viciously.

'Then what about Ron and Hermione, they care'

'No they just pity you, they know the only way to have an early inheritance. There probably just forced to be friends with you. They know the truth. Your just an orphaned, freak who has no chance at beating voldemort.' I looked down noticing that the food has appeared.

'Your already fat enough, you don't need to look even more ugly'

'Ok' I replied to the voice sadly believing it. Whilst thinking to myself, I felt a long creature slip out of my pocket, scaring some of our table mates.

"You should eat Harry" She hissed softly.

"Sssorry Ebony, I'm not really that hungry" I whispered back in the language no one else understood.

"It'sss not good for you" She hastily retaliated.

"I'll eat sssomething later" I replied. Another while later we were all sent back to our dorms to settle in. I slipped off to the bathroom adding a few cuts to my wrists as I awaited the moment I fell off the astronomy tower.