➢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

kagayama had not shown up to school today. i had not seen him once throughout the school day.

i saw his tangerine friend by himself at lunch. i thought it was a wonderful idea to have a chat with him. i advised mei and kira to come along so i won't feel that awkward.

he was just gawking at the ground, unaware of his surroundings. i was the first person to strike up a conversation with him. mei was standing next to me whilst kira was hiding behind a tree. she didn't want to be seen hanging around another boy except from her boyfriend.

"hi there!" i spoke

he flinched at the sound of my voice but eventually there was a huge smile plastered on his face.

"hello." he replied

"what's your name?"

"my name is hinata shoyo! i'm in the volleyball club and i'm going to become ace one day."

"nice to meet you hinata kun, i am [name] and this is my friend mei. the girl hiding behind the tree is also my friend, her name is kira. i hope we can be good friends!" i finished with a closed eye smile

mei then whispered to me, "ask him about kagayama."

i glanced at her and whispered back, "no, i want to have a genuine conversation with him. he seems like a nice guy. i won't use him to get close to kagayama."

then i went back to conversing with hinata till the end of lunch. we waved him goodbye and went our separate way to class.

"you should have asked him about kagayama." kira expressed

"no. i wanted to learn more about hinata. he's so adorable. i love the energy he radiates."

"hey! i was gonna say that, i might have to simp over him." mei uttered.

"you literally simp over every guy, mei. even teachers."

"oh yeah, i remember the time she simped over the english teacher. brings back a lot of memories. too bad he left."

"why did he have to leave? he was my favorite teacher!" mei whined

"he probably didn't want to catch a case. he literally has a wife and a child."

"that's not stopping me." mei retorted.

last period, we had english. mei assumed it was a splendid idea to talk to kagayama's form tutor who just so happens to be our english teacher.

"sensei, can we talk to you?" i asked

"yes, just give me a moment ladies." she replied.

we waited for a couple of minutes until she had stopped what she was doing.

"what can i help you with ladies?" she questioned

"well you see, [name] over here, has a crush on someone in your tutor group. we were maybe thinking if you can give his first name to us?" kira said

"ohoh, well what's their name?"

wait what? i never agreed to this. i thought we were just going to have a normal conversation.

"kagayama."

"ah, his name is tobio. he's such a quiet kid in class. it's good to have him here."

that name seems familiar. i swear i saw it before somewhere.

"thank you so much sensei! we will be on our way out now. can you please not tell anyone about the small talk we just had?" mei inquired sweetly

she smirked and said, "don't worry, i won't. your secret is safe with me, [name]."

we then hurriedly left the classroom like a bunch of criminals not wanting to be caught.

i was deep into thought about kagayama's first name when i realised where i had seen it before.

"that's where i know him from!" i said aloud

"what do you mean?" kira asked

"his name is up on the board for the players of the volleyball team. that's why his name seemed so familiar."

"we'll check it out tomorrow, i need to quickly get home. i'll see you guys tomorrow!" with that mei had left.

"i need to go home as well, so i'll see you tomorrow [name]. be careful not to get lost."

"alright, i'll see you tomorrow kira! have a safe journey home."

we went our separate ways and i trudged to my bus stop.

once i had gotten home, my brother had told me something that made my mood switch up.

"oi [name], did you know yachi joined the volleyball club?"