➢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

it was a bright wednesday today. i was chilling out in the bike shed with kira and mei had went to put her pe kit away.

"we have something so sick planned for your birthday. you better like it because of the time and effort we put in it for you."

"don't worry, of course i will like it. i like all the things you guys give me. most of the time."

while we were busy talking, mei was...

[mei's pov]

i had put away my kit and was heading down the first floor when i had bumped into hinata & kageyama. i saw this as a perfect opportunity to begin my plan.

"hinata, wait up!" i called out

he looked around with a puzzled expression on his face until his eyes had landed on me. he wore a sheepish grin on his face.

i jogged up to him and gave him a small smile back.

"how can i help you mei chan?" he asked

"you see, [name]'s birthday is coming up and i was wondering if you could maybe sign her birthday card."

i looked over at kageyama and said "you can sign it as well."

he responded with a nod. i took out the card out of my bag and handed it to him. i handed him a black point ball pen.

"what should i write on this?" he [kageyama] quietly asked himself

he had decided to keep it simple and wrote just a plain 'happy birthday'.

"wait, how do i spell her name?" he questioned

i told him the spelling of her name whilst he quickly wrote it down. he gave the pen and card over to hinata when he was finished.

"why did you want us to sign her card?"

"she's friends with hinata so i thought it was a good idea. i asked you because she doesn't have that many friends for me to be able to fill up the card with."

he slowly nodded in understanding. when hinata was done, he gave me back the things and wrote the same classic message as kageyama.

"well i better get going. thank you for signing the card. i'm sure she'll appreciate it." and with that i had left.

[y/n's pov]

i had witnessed kageyama coming out of the door and mei following behind a few seconds later.

i didn't really think much of it since i knew she wasn't going to talk to him. she didn't even like him. yet she still encouraged me to confess.

i think she believes that i might stop talking about him once i confess.

when she approached us, i asked "what took you so long?"

"nothing special,really." she replied

she started to drag kira away and they were discussing something in hushed voices. then they started to cheer as if they had achieved something.

i stood there watching them as they continued to talk. they asked me to step back a few spaces away from them when we were heading to class. they had stopped talking once mei turned towards me.

"you know."mei started, "i talked to your boyfriend."

"my boyfriend?" i was puzzled. who?

"yeah, kageyama."

my stomach had dropped. she had talked to him before me?

"oh, what were you guys talking about?" i suspiciously asked

"something that's none of your concern."

"then what was the point of you even telling me that then?"

"i just wanted you to know that i talked to your man before you did."