➢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

just like that, it was already monday. i noticed a lot of people started to miss out on school nowadays. there were a lot more people coughing and sneezing. i happened to be one of them.

mei had begged me to attend school today since she was giving my presents. she said that i could stay home for the rest week after that so i agreed.

to start off the school day, mei had come into my tutor class and sang happy birthday in front of the whole class whilst dropping hints about kageyama. she then handed the gifts to me and a 70 year old card. how nice of her.

when i opened the card, i was shocked. she was actually able to get kageyama to sign this? with hinata? is that why she talked to him the other day? it makes a lot of sense now.

during break time, mei had explained everything that happened with her encounter with kageyama and hinata.

"mei, why did you have to tell him i had no other friends!?" i whined

"i mean , he needs to know what type of person he's going to like."

"but you didn't need to tell him that."

"just stop complaining. are you not happy that i got him to sign your card? why are you so ungrateful?" she questioned

"i'm happy and grateful, i never said i wasn't."

"you sound ungrateful. plus, why does it even matter what i said about you to him? it's not like he's gonna like you anyways." she whispered the last bit but i heard her. loud and clear.

it soon went silent after that. we didn't utter a single word until the bell had rang. we chatted about something else during that time while we went to pe.

we scurried to the changing rooms and swiftly put on our kits. we were told to warm up and then get ourselves into pairs.

when i finished warming up, i looked around to see if mei and kira had wanted to pair up but they had already paired up with each other. they were laughing and chatting away when i was left to look for someone to become my partner. most of the people in my class had paired up with someone. i was most likely to be left by myself. again.

every pe lesson, we ever had, mei and kira had always picked each other. i was left by my self. at the end of the lesson, they would always say things like:

"oh [name], i forgot you even existed."

"we had so much fun during the lesson, what about you?"

"if you weren't so bad at everything, you wouldn't be alone."