➢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

"she did?"

"yeah, you know that third year, kiyoko shimizu, asked her to join. she was handing out flyers to see if anyone was interested in being the manager of the volleyball club."

'a pretty name for a pretty girl' i thought

"wait, how do you know this?"

"i have my connections. be glad that i actually told you any of this. i could of let you stay in the dark but i didn't since i'm nice."

"i still would have found out one way or the other."

after i had finished talking to my brother, i contemplated on whether i should tell mei now or tomorrow when i see her?

then i decided it was best for me to inform both mei and kira at school tomorrow.

~

"you guys! guess what?" i screeched

"what?" they said in unison

"you know yachi? she joined the volleyball and guess who's on the team?"

"your man"they said

"oh yeah, weren't we supposed to check out the board today?" mei asked

"i forgot about that, but let's do that quickly." kira replied

when we arrived at the board, we swiftly skimmed through to see if there was anything volleyball related.

"ah, there it is! the members of the volleyball club." mei announced

she placed her index finger on the sheet and slid it down until she had stopped at number 9.

"here he is. kageyama tobio." said mei

"wait, his name is kageyama not kagayama?"

"didn't your brother say his name was kagayama?" kira questioned

"[brother's name] told me that you spell his name as kagayama. i'm not surprised he got the spelling wrong. he's so dumb."

"look, yachi's name is also here, [name]" mei revealed

"my chance with kageyama is literally deflating at this point. damn, i should have liked hinata first." i spoke with a pout

"don't worry, [name], i don't think he likes her anymore." mei assured me

"we'll see about that." i mumbled

at break, i had seen hinata by himself again. i went over to engage in a conversation with him.

we talked for a little while until i had noticed kageyama a few feet away from us. i don't think he noticed us. he was busy chatting away with a few boys.

i pointed at him and said "isn't that your friend over there?"

hinata glanced back and that's when kageyama looked over at us. he had a look on his face that i couldn't decipher.

he waved his hand over to hinata to signal him to come over there. the boys who noticed this gesture looked our way and started whistling.

"uh, i-i'll talk to you guys another time!" and with that he dashed off.

we scampered away and decided to go inside the canteen. once break had ended we went to our next to boring periods.

maths and history.

lunch time had come around a lot quicker than i had expected.

we were roaming around the playground and i realized kageyama and hinata were in front of us.

kageyama had peered over at us and then proceeded to point to the sky. i gazed up at the sky and noticed there was nothing there. i looked back at the boys, who had decided to look at us.

i made eye contact with them and they averted their gaze somewhere else.

'strange' i thought

~

it was the end of the school day. i hung out with mei and kira for an hour and then went to my bus stop. whilst i was looking for my bus, i noticed kageyama and hinata on the opposite side of the road.

i was panicking so much that i ended up calling mei.

"what?" mei demanded

"sgeidhakd he's literally on the opposite side of me."

"ok?"

"oh shit! he looked this way. oh my god, i just made eye contact. jsodjdke"

"where is he?"

"he's at the [random bus stop] stop."

"isn't that going towards my direction?"

"i don't think that's his bus stop though. he normally gets the same bus as me."

"oooh"

"okay, he's walking away now. i can finally stop panicking. i'll see you on monday, mei."

"alright,bye."

with that i had hung up.