22: dissapear

Celty pov:

My phone rang and I clicked answer. It was izaya ' come to... ' he asked me to go to a certain place. That anxiousness in his voice. It's the first time.

I take my bike there and I see manna in his arms. He had  a serious face on.

Izaya: we're going to find shinra.

I expand my bike with my black shadows and allowed them to sit at the back. We rushed to shinra's house. It's not like I want to... But... Manna seems really hurt.

So we reached shinra's house.

Izaya: shinra. Do something.

Shinra: woah.... And... Celty?

Celty: help manna first.

So shinra opearates onto manna.

Celty: I don't know if she'll be ok.

Izaya: what do you mean?

Celty: manna never told you?

Izaya: she hides a lot of things from me.

Celty: even as a shinigami, she is half human. Different from the others.

Izaya: shinigami?

Celty: ah. She doesn't reap people's soul like the others. She gives those who have sinned badly who deserved to die,another chance to live. In another words, redemption. They're to never kill again, never to repeat the hugest crime they have committed. Their redemption is... To serve manna. Manna is their supervisor.

Izaya: supervisor. Thought it was something along that line. So they broke the rule and killed people. So she had to kill them.

Celty: correct. She can see people's past through their eyes. She can retrieve information off the net. She can command people's soul. In simply, she made a lot of contracts with Master to earn the powers she has now.

Izaya: you said she is half human. Hehe. Manna... Contracts huh... Sounds like her.

Celty: izaya... You love manna right?

Izaya: what are you talking about? Manna and I...  We're mutual about each other. Pieces. Treasured pieces.

celty: you know manna doesn't feel that about you.

izaya: urusei. How's having your head?

celty: I don't have it.

Shinra comes out with gloves on his hand at this time ' she is sewed up. She doesn't seem to be conscious.I just need to confirm something...' he pushes up his glasses.

celty: what?

shinra: manna... does she have a heartbeat? Her heart look rotten from a long time that's why I am asking.

celty: manna doesn't have a heartbeat. She's half shinigami. Shinigami are dead beings in the first place. With a special soul in place in a rotten human body.

shinra: like you.

celty: urusei.

shinra: I thought so. Than I can't know if she's alive. Its either... she's...dead. Or she is just unconscious.

celty: manna's nodachi. If it has't dissapear, that means she's still alive.

Izaya goes into the room and flaps open her jacket. It looked like a deep black of nothingness. You can't see anything from the surface, or see anything by lookng deeper. He puts his hand in hoping to grab onto a blade. He feels for something like a sheathe and pulls it out.