One: First Encounters

- Summary: Eraserhead is tired and Tsukauchi needs a break -

Izuku Midoriya was a dead man.

But Kage was very much alive.

And Kage was currently hopping around Mustafu, Japan, on his way to the nearby police station. Why? Simply because he enjoys annoying a certain detective. A smile creeps onto the vigilantes face as he continues hopping across rooftops. The streets had been surprisingly quiet tonight, which meant less work for him, but it made Kage wary. It was almost never quiet at night. That's why it was so much more fun to patrol then. There were more villains and criminals out, and it didn't help that the heroes hardly ever came out at night. Most of them were only heroes for the fame and the money, which meant the the moment the cameras stopped filming and the lights went out, they left. 

Enter Kage, one of Japan's most infamous vigilantes. He had started wandering the streets of Mustafu about three years ago, and since then he had stopped countless criminals and villains from evildoing. The best part - no one knew who he really was. Almost no one knew what he looked like, and those that had seen him could only describe a flash of black and bright green eyes. Green eyes was not an uncommon trait, so the Mustafu police had not been able to make any headay on the Kage case. But that didn't stop them from being interrupted almost every night by some sort of loud explosion outside the station. 

The first time this had happened, Tsukauchi had panicked, hurrying outside with his gun in hand to try to find the source of the commotion. But instead of finding a person, there was just a small note sitting on the police station steps. The note wasn't what caused Tsukauchi to groan. That was caused by the millions of little pieces of glitter scattered across the street. The note was short:

Hey Mr Detective Man,

Since you seem to have a lot on your hands at the moment, I have taken the liberty of rounding up some local criminals. You will find them unconscious at the addresses listed below.

Yours, Kage

 Since then, notes similar had turned up at the police station almost every night, and with each of these notes, some sort of explosion. Meaning the Mustafu police department had gotten awfully good at cleaning up glitter.

A muffled cry broke through Kage's train of thought. He stopped just on the edge of a roof, gazing down at the alley below him. A girl was lying on the ground, covered in dirt and blood, crying as a man walked towards her slowly. Kage silently landed on the ground behind the man, catching the end of his sentence.

"- quirkless trash!"

The man pulled back his hand to strike the girl, but Kage had had enough. He jumped forward and grabbed the larger mans arm, twisting his wrist to the side. The man let out a shout and turned around, trying to pull his arm out of Kage's grip. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his hand, and glancing down, Kage saw what looked like a knife sticking straight out of the man's arm. it had sliced across the top of Kage's hand, not too deep, but enough for him to loosen his grip. The man pulled away quickly before jumping forwards again, more blades seeming to grow from his skin. Kage leaped back, reaching behind him for something- there. his closed his fingers around one of his escrima sticks, pulling it out of the sheath on his back. 

Dodging another attack from the man, Kage rushed forward, jamming the stick into the man's gut. He pressed a small button on the side, and electricity shot out of the stick, shocking the man with the knife skin. He fell backwards, but somehow he was still standing. 

Dammit. That should have been enough to knock him out.

The man yelled before charging again, this time pulling in all of his small blades to produce one long sword from the palm of his hand. Leaping out of the way, Kage just missed getting skewered, but he felt sharp pain in his side. So the huge blade hadn't missed him completely. 

I need to finish this quickly before I loose too much blood. I need to help that girl.

Stepping forward, Kage pulled out his other escrima stick from the sheath on his back. As the man charged him again, he stood there, waiting for the right moment. Right before the man would have run him through with his blade, Kage jumped straight up, landing on the man's back and kicking down. The man face planted in the ground and let out a groan. Before he could try to stand up again though, Kage pressed both escrima sticks into his back and pushed the buttons. The man's body jerked once before lying still. Stepping off of him, Kage checked his pulse, making sure he was still alive, before turning back to the girl.

She was cowering in the corner of the alley, tears running down her dirty face. Cautiously, Kage stepped forward, kneeling on the ground so he was at eye level with her. She couldn't have been older than ten, and the bruises covering her body made rage boil in his chest. He had to find her parents. 

"Kage. Step away from the girl."

Kage sighed, straightening up and turning towards the voice. Parents would have been good, but a hero would work too. He smiled under his mask, taking a few steps towards the newcomer at the mouth of the alley. The hero's face was shadowed, but his hair was black and floating above his head. His eyes shone a dark red, cutting through the night. Even though it was dark, Kage knew who he was. Black hair, black clothes, a capture scarf, and a forever tired expression.

"Well hello there, Eraserehead. How are you doing on this fine evening?"

Eraser just looked at the shorter man with his red glowing eyes. "You heard me, Kage."

Kage's smile widened, and he took another step forward. Suddenly, the wound in his side chose that moment to burn with pain. He grit his teeth, not wanting Eraser to know that he was hurt. That he was weak. Because that was what he was, wasn't it? That was the reason he could never be a true hero. He was too

weak.

Reaching behind him, Kage shoved his escrima sticks back into their sheath, pulling out a grappling hook instead. He saw Eraser's capture scarf shoot out, but Kage was already flying through the air, landing on the roof of the building and rolling to his feet. He smiled down at Eraser, who had decided to not follow him in favor of checking on the girl. 

"Make sure she get's back to her family, would you Eraser? Thanks!"

Without a second glance, Kage turned and ran, jumping over alleys and sprinting across rooftops. He could feel himself loosing steam, his blood loss finally starting to get to him. His vision was starting to cloud. He wouldn't make it home in time. 

Sorry Mom. I might be seeing you sooner than I planned.

There was only one other place Kage could go, and he just hoped he could get there before bleeding out. Turning on his heel, he dashed to the left, towards the only other safe place he knew in Mustafu. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Hey hey, we made it! Sorry this took so long, I've been kinda lazy. I hope you enjoy it, and if you want to see anything specific in the future, you can put that in the comments here! ->

I didn't edit this AT ALL, so if you notice any mistakes please tell me here! ->

BTW I will be following the storyline of the manga, so eventually this story will be going past the anime. I'll put spoiler warnings for that when it comes around, but that's still a while off, seeing as I just started. Anyways, girls, gays, theys, I bid you adieu.