Ten: Fight

- Summary: Bakubro isn't gonna win -

Kage was good. Annoyingly good. He managed to dodge every single one of Bakugo's explosions, and he didn't even seem to be trying that hard. This infuriated Bakugo to no end. No one had ever been able to avoid his attacks for this long. Finally, the angry blonde managed to land a hit, if it was purely by accident. 

He had been charging straight at Kage, when the vigilante had suddenly jumped straight up. On a whim, Bakugo raised his hands and blasted his explosions over his head. He heard a hiss, and when he turned, he saw Kage on his knees, holding his right arm with his left. It seemed that the blonde had managed to hit him, but only on the arm. When Kage let go of his right arm however, Bakugo was struck by the amount of burn scars that laced his skin. His hoodie sleeve had partially burned away, revealing the bare skin of his forearm, and there were too many scars to count. Almost all of them looked like they were burns, but there were a couple that looked like they had been from blades. 

Bakugo was so distracted by his arm, that he didn't even notice when the vigilante stood up and walked over to him, pushing him back a few steps. Bakugo stumbled, glaring up at Kage, but the masked guy only stared back. He was finally meeting his eyes. And there was a familiar look in them, one that Bakugo couldn't quiet place. Where-

"You're out of bounds."

Kage's voice was flat as he turned and walked away, leaving a stunned Bakugo in his wake. He had... lost? And it had been over so quick. Why had he let himself get distracted by the scars? If he was being honest with himself, the scars had reminded him of someone else. An old friend who he hadn't seen in years. Bakugo remembered that day at the hospital.

-: 10 years old :-

"We're going to visit Izuku."

Bakugo jumped up from his spot on the coach, his homework completely forgotten. He had been waiting for three days for news of Deku, and now he was finally able to go see him. He always felt a weight in his chest whenever he thought about the green haired boy. Bakugo had so much he wished he could say to him, but he was always too much of a coward to say it. To apologize.

They got to the hospital around noon, and it was surprisingly busy for a weekend. Apparently the villain who had caused all of the trouble for the Midoriya's had managed to ruin a few other lives before getting caught. Bakugo's fists clenched. He could still feel the heat of the flames on his skin, the strange burning sensation very similar to his own quirk. He hadn't gotten much sleep over the last few days, because every time he closed his eyes, the image of Izuku sitting in the burning doorway of his mother's room was burned into his eyelids. He couldn't shake Izuku's expression from his head, no matter how hard he tried.

He entered Izuku's hospital room, walking a little behind his mother. The green haired boy was sitting in a hospital bed, dressed in a t-shirt and sweats, his hair a mess of curls. Bakugo barely noticed the burns and scars on his arms, though he would probably be seeing them in his dreams for weeks. All the blonde could see were Izuku's eyes. They were so...

empty.

Numbly, Bakugo watched as the freckled boy turned to face them. He didn't seem to really see them. It was as if he was looking through them, like they weren't even there. The blonde boy shivered taking a step forward. He reached out his hand, not sure what exactly he was going to do, but Izuku flinched back, a flicker of fear crossing his face.

Bakugo felt guilt well up inside him like a flood, swallowing him whole. He tried to meet Izuku's gaze, but the green haired boy wouldn't look at him. Bakugo opened his mouth, to apologize, to say sorry, to say something, but nothing came out. Then he felt a tug on his wrist, and he looked up to see his mom's face smiling down at him sadly.

"Maybe now wasn't a great time to come by. Don't worry, we can come back and see him soon."

Bakugo just nodded, but his mind was at war. He couldn't leave yet. He hadn't apologized. He hadn't said he was sorry for all the horrible things he had done. He hadn't even been able to acknowledge them. Numbly, he followed his mother out of the hospital and back into her car. Their drive home was silent, everything that hadn't been said hanging in the air between them. Bakugo tried to shake off the feeling of unease as the hospital disappeared behind him. He would have another chance. He would see Izuku again soon, and he would have another chance.

His chance never came.

A few days later, Bakugo's mother got a call from the hospital. Izuku had been released, and he had been seen heading in the direction of their house. Mitsuki waited by the door, a smile on her face, Bakugo sitting next to her. 

They waited for hours.

Izuku never came.

No one had seen him since.

       -: Present time:-

Dammit. Kage pressed a hand to his side, where his stitches were stretched over sour skin. He should have been more careful during their training, but he had fallen back into his regular pattern, beating each of his opponents. 

But at what cost?

Eraserhead seemed to notice his discomfort, asking if he was alright, but the vigilante waved him off. The last thing he needed was to be stuck in the hospital again for something as stupid as busted stitches. The class continued as it normally did, with Kage observing from the side. All Might had disappeared to God knows where, and Eraser had paired all of the students up for sparring. The vigilante couldn't help but watch Bakugo. He was sparring with a red head that Kage remembered as Kirishima, but the angry blonde seemed to be calling him Shitty Hair. The vigilante snorted to himself. That was a very Kacchan thing to do. 

Eraser kept giving him funny looks for the rest of the day, and when the class finally ended and the students had been dismissed, the teacher approached Kage slowly. 

"You should go to see Recovery Girl. You're in pain."

Kage frowned at him. He was definitely not going to go see Recovery Girl. 

"I'm perfectly fine. I don't need a doctor." He tried to stand up, and he felt a few of the stitches in his side rip. He stumbled, and Eraser caught him. Kage pressed a hand to his side, already feeling blood staining the side of his hoodie. What the actual shit. Why today of all days? (A/N cause it's convenient, sue me) 

He tried to wave the hero off, but his head was already spinning. God fucking dammit. He felt Eraser pick him up, and then he was in the air, flying towards the main building of UA. Of course, this meant it was the perfect time for him to pass out.

...............................................................................................

(A/N) So I know this chapter is called fight, but I'm actually shit at writing fight scenes, so here's some Bakubitch angst instead. This might be the only chapter today because I have classes soon, but we'll see.

ALSO - a guide to Bakubro's nicknames:

Deku = Izuku

Pinky/Raccoon eyes = Mina

Shitty Hair = Kirishima

Headphones = Jirou

Round Face/Pink Cheecks = Ochako

Dunce Face = Kaminari

Tape Face = Sero

Mind Fuck = Shinsou

Hands = Kendo

Notice any mistakes? Please let me know here! ->

Have any ideas? Share them withe me here! ->

Also, haven't really addressed this yet cause we haven't seen much of class 1-A, but Kendo is in place of Izuku and Shinsou is in place of M*neta. 

Anyways, I have class now, so girls, gays, and theys, I bid you adieu.