Two: A Friendly Visit

- Summary: Because Izuku can't be completely alone - 

"What the HELL were you doing?"

Kage flinched, looking up to meet his pink haired friend's gaze. Mei Hatsume might have only been 5'2'', but at the moment, it felt like she was towering over Kage, a scowl on her usually bright face. 

Kage had met Mei by complete accident, but it was probably one of the best accidents of his life. On one of his first patrols, he had heard a loud bang and had seen smoke coming out of an apartment window. Going to check it out, he had found Mei with her pink hair smoking, a crazy smile on her face. That had been the start of the only relationship that Kage needed in his life. 

Mei had basically adopted Kage as her little brother, even though they were the same age, and they often hung out when Mei didn't have school. When Kage had come to her with a request for better gear, she had been all too happy to help out. She was also the only person who knew his real name and was allowed to see his face.

"Izu! Answer me! What the hell were you doing that you got stabbed?"

Izuku sighed, leaning back on Mei's bed. He had finished stitching his side a few minutes ago, and Mei had thankfully waited until after he was done to get mad at him. 

"I don't know! Maybe I just wanted to save someone like me!" He glared right back at her, his scowl visible since he had taken his mask and goggles off. 

Mei sighed, plopping into a chair and spinning to face her work desk. Izuku knew that Mei wanted to go to UA, and he would be surprised if she didn't make it in. She was brilliant, and already so good at making support gear. All of his gear that he used was made by her, from his electric escrima sticks to his green butterfly knives to his attachable boot spikes. She had even made it all so it matched Izuku's vigilante outfit: a dark green hoodie, black cargo pants, black mask, and his signature red high tops. 

Mei began tinkering with his mask, and Izuku walked over to see what she was working on. Her work desk was messy like the rest of her room, scattered with different ideas and blueprints. Currently she seemed to be fiddling with the voice modifier she had added to his mask, adjusting the voice modulator. Izuku sat down in the other chair next to her, putting away all of his medical supplies carefully in one of Mei's drawers. Just because she was messy didn't mean that he couldn't keep his things neat. 

"Oh, by the way," Mei said, glancing up briefly at him. "My parents are gonna be gone again for about three weeks, so if you're going to insist on coming through my bedroom window bleeding to death, try doing then."

Izuku blinked at her before letting out a small snort. Mei's parents were hardly home to begin with, but to make it even better, they went on week long business trips (A/N because it's convenient leave me alone). This gave Mei plenty of free time, which she mostly spent tinkering and blowing things up. 

"Thanks for telling me. If I feel like bleeding out on your bedroom floor anytime soon, I'll let you know."

Mei grumbled something about idiot broccoli bois before turning back to her work. Izuku was 90% sure she wasn't talking about him. He stood up, walking back over to Mei's bed to put his shoes back on. Mei spun around in her chair, tossing his mask to him.

"Think fast."

Izuku didn't think fast. The mask smacked against his chest and fell heavily into his lap. He looked up and glared at Mei before they both burst out laughing. Reaching down, Izuku picked up the mask and slipped it onto his face, adjusting it a bit so it lined up with his goggles. He smiled at Mei before standing up and hopping out her window. Wind whistled in his ears as he fell, pulling out his grappling hook and shooting almost straight up. 

Right before he would have hit the ground, Kage shot upwards, gripping tightly to his grappling hook. He shot past Mei's window, waving at her. She smiled and flipped him off before closing her window and walking back to her desk. Yup, she was a great friend.

Though he was tired, Kage knew he couldn't ask Mei for anything else tonight. So he headed back to his own apartment, his side stinging with every flying leap to the next building. The pain was familiar, and it reminded him of all the other nights he had spent hopping around Mustafu, taking down villains. Kage really didn't know what he would have done with his life if he hadn't decided to become a vigilante. He probably would have given up on life and jumped off of a building. 

Take a swan dive off of a roof.

The words came back to him suddenly, and he inwardly cringed at them. He didn't like remembering the time before, it was too painful. But sometimes memories would slip in unbidden and burrow their way under his skin, making him want to claw them out. 

Kacchan.

That was a name Kage hadn't heard in a while. He wondered how the angry blond was doing. The last time they had seen each other, Bakugo had told him to kill himself. Maybe he had improved since then, but Kage doubted it. No one could change that much.

... Could they?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Oh look who's getting all fancy with two parts in one day! Treasure this, for it will never happen again. Also, just to note, Mei and Izuku are NOT A SHIP. They are basically siblings, and I don't want to do ships in this story (yet) because it tends to get some people uninterested if they don't like the ship.

I didn't edit this part at all, so if you notice any mistakes, let me know here! ->

If you have any ideas about anything for the story, let me know here! ->

Also, I kinda hate the title that I made, so ideas for that would also be appreciated here! ->

Anyways, girls, gays, theys, I bid you all adieu. (For now ;p)