Seventeen: Aftermath

- Summary: 'Tis only a flesh wound -

A week after the USJ incident, Kage was released from UA's hospital wing. He had only needed about three days for Recovery Girl to heal his wounds, but the old woman had insisted that he rest for a while. But now he was standing in front of class 1-A, reaching out his hand to open the door. He was reminded of the very first time he had ever entered this classroom. He had been so worried about being found out that he had probably looked more nervous than he had felt. But now he was more sure of himself. If they hadn't found out yet, the 1-A students probably weren't trying to discover his identity. 

"Is it true you're quirkless?"

"Can we call you Zuzu now?"

"How did you know those villains?"

"How old are you?"

Kage took a step back, the onslaught of questions hurting his head. All of the students seemed to be in the classroom, and they all seemed to be crowded in a big circle around the door, as if they had been waiting for him to come in. The only one not there was Bakugo, but he seemed to be ignoring the situation entirely, sitting at his desk with his feet propped up on the top of it.

"That's enough. Sit. Down."

The tired but harsh voice came from behind him, and Kage turned to see Aizawa standing there. Or at least he thought it was Aizawa. It was hard to tell through the bandages covering his head and arms, but he was dressed like Aizawa. Kage stepped to the side, letting the teacher walk into the classroom. Though the students seemed to have been expecting Kage, they didn't seem to have been expecting their teacher back so soon. 

Aizawa walked to the front of the classroom, sitting at his desk. His eyes, the only part of his face that could be seen, looked tired and annoyed. So no different from usual then.

"Everyone settle down and shut up. We have something very important to discuss today."

The class started whispering to each other, but once Aizawa glared in their direction, they shut up quick. The teacher continued.

"We have to start getting ready for the upcoming sports festival."

That caused a class-wide uproar. Students jumped up while others started talking loudly. Aizawa sighed loudly, putting his head on his desk. A second later, he started snoring. Kage stared at him in confusion for a second before turning back to face the class. Apparently he was teaching today.

       -: Time skip to after school cause why the heck not :-

"You better be coming to the sports festival!"

Kage sighed, pulling off his mask as he climbed through Mei's window. He sat down on her bed and rubbed his tired eyes. He had had to run class 1-A through training all day, and he felt dead on his feet. The only solution: visiting his friend.

He hadn't really seen Mei much in the last few weeks, since he had been busy teaching (and chilling in the hospital). He really needed to talk to a friend, and since Mei was the only one who he could really talk to, she was his best option. (A/N Don't worry my son, you will be getting new friends soon enough). 

"So...?"

Izuku glanced over at the pink haired girl, who was fiddling with something at her desk. She sat up, rolling over in her wheely chair, and propped her feet on Izuku's legs. He frowned at her, and she frowned right back. Izuku sighed.

"Fine. But I can't exactly go as Izuku, can I?"

"You better. Otherwise, it will look weird." She must have noticed the worry on his face, because she smiled reassuringly at him. "Don't worry, there isn't anyone there who knows you besides Bakugo, and he's gonna be busy competing. Plus, you might make some friends besides me, and then you won't have to crawl through my window in the middle of the night to fulfill your need for human interaction."

Izuku sighed, knowing he couldn't really argue with her. Which meant he was apparently going to be at the sports festival. He was sure it would be fine. Nothing would go wrong.

Because things always go so smoothly for him.

.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-.

"How did it go?"

Suke hadn't been allowed to join in on the USJ attack, which worried him. If the LOV no longer trusted him, he wouldn't be able to pass off information to Kage. Or worse, he could be killed. Dabi sneered at him, which Suke found very annoying. The other league members seemed to think that they were better than him, just because their quirks have been useful in the past. Suke smiled to himself. Little did the league no, his quirk was being very useful. 

As if reading his thoughts (which he could actually do), Jack appeared from down the hall. He nodded at Dabi, who just scowled before walking off. What was it with Todoroki's and their bad attitudes? Suke turned to face Jack, who looked tired. Well, he was a ghost, so he kinda always looked tired. 

"Thresh just got back with dinner, you wanna eat?"

Suke nodded, smiling as Jack reached out a hand to help him up. When their skin touched, a weird tingling sensation spread through Suke's arm and up into his head, reverberating around his skull. It was annoying, but it happened whenever he made skin to skin contact with either of his skeleton friends. Since both Jack and Thresh were just different parts of Suke's brain that had been separated as their own skeleton entities, they had a weird connection. 

The pair walked down the hall, entering a small kitchen that was behind the main room of the bar that the LOV used as a hideout. A large man with wild brown hair smiled down at Jack and Suke before showing the food he had bought. 

As they ate, Jack seemed to sense Suke's concern.

"Izuku is gonna be ok. And we will too."

Ya. Everything was going to be ok.

................................................................................................................

(A/N) Hehe, so Jack is back with his two other halves. I didn't really know how to end this chapter, but then I thought it might be nice to introduce these three, since they kinda play an important role later. We'll get to the sports festival arc soon, don't worry!

On a completely different note, the holiday season break is next week, and I'm gonna be out of town until Wednesday, so there might not be another chapter until next weekend. Sorry, but family time comes first. Also, it's not like anyone is reading this fic religiously, so I don't have to worry about people getting mad at me.

Notice any mistakes? Please let me know here! ->

Have any ideas? Share them with me here! ->

Girls, gays, theys, Dogenistrador, I bid you adieu. 

Happy Holidays :)))