Twenty: Stain

- Summary: The bois almost commit murder -

Patrols with Eraserhead were fun.

Normally, Kage would have to do all the heavy lifting on his own, but with Aizawa around, a lot of the fighting was over quite quickly. Though the hobo hero didn't appreciate the glitter bomb method of dropping off criminals at the police station. Well, you can't have everything.

The night was surprisingly quiet. Which made Kage wary. This part of Mustafu was almost never quiet. There was always someone causing chaos, however small. But it was as if all of the criminals in this part of the city had planned to take the night off. It was... unsettling, to say the least.

As if the universe was reading his thoughts, a distant boom rung out, followed by smoke rising in the distance. 

Cause nothing can ever just be easy.

Before he could stop to think, Kage was sprinting towards the disturbance, leaping over alleys and skidding across slanted rooftops. Aizawa was right behind him, keeping pace surprisingly well for not being used to the area. The pair reached the edge of a roof and stared down in horror at what had caused the smoke and noise. 

A nomu.

But it wasn't like any nomu Kage had ever seen. It was bigger for one, and it just looked... different. Something about it seemed so much worse than any of the other's the vigilante had ever come across, including the one at the USJ. 

All of a sudden, another boom sounded and another cloud of smoke rose from a completely different part of the city. Then another. And another. 

"How many are there?"

Kage heard the fear in his own voice, and he tried to steel his nerves. He couldn't be getting cold feet now. Not when so many lives were on the line. Next to him, Aizawa cursed under his breath. Then Kage remembered something from class a few days ago.

"1-A students are doing their internships right now, right? You don't think..."

Aizawa pointed down below them, where two figures were shooting fire at the nomu. One of the figures was shorter than the other, and his dual colored hair whipped back and forth across his face. Todoroki. 

"Shit."

Aizawa got his capture scarf ready, turning to face Kage.

"I'm going to see what I can do here. I want you to go around to the other nomu locations. Help who you can, but don't get too hurt. And please don't die on me."

Normally, Kage wouldn't have taken orders from anyone, but he just nodded, smiling a little.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I don't plan on dying any time soon."

With that, he turned and took off across the rooftops towards the closest column of smoke. But something in an alleyway below him caught his eye, and he froze, trying to process what was below him. A person dressed in a hero costume was leaning against the side of the alley, bleeding badly. Another person in strange armor was frozen in the middle of the alley, his face an expression of fear and hate. Oh, god. It was Iida. And in front of him...

"This society puts too much hope in false heroes. But I will put an end to that pointless hope."

A large, humanoid looking person was standing in front of Iida, smiling evilly. He had a mask covering his eyes, and there was a sword strapped across his back. In his hand, a small blade gleamed, dripping blood onto the ground. Kage made a split second decision. Pro heroes would be handling the nomu. Right now, this was more important.

Kage jumped down off the roof, landing in a roll and coming up in a crouch. He pulled one of his escrima sticks from his back sheath as he slowly stood up, staring Stain in the eyes. The villain glared down at him, obviously a little annoyed that he had been interrupted.

"You know, you should really not monologue. It's a waste of air."

The villain scowled, gripping the knife in his hand harder. "My business is not with you, Kage. I am here to purge these false heroes. But if you get in my way, I will not hesitate to take you out as well." 

Kage laughed, though his nerves were not having it. "You can try, but I kinda promised someone that I wouldn't die tonight, and I would hate to have to go back on my word."

Stain was clearly annoyed. He charged at Kage, swinging his knife down at the vigilante's head. Kage ducked, jabbing his escrima stick into Stain's side and pushing the button. Lighting arced across the villain's body, and he jerked forward with a grunt. But to Kage's dismay, he was still very much conscious. And very much pissed. 

Stain pulled the sword from his back, advancing on Kage. The vigilante looked tried to jump out of the way of the oncoming blade, but right after the sword missed, Kage felt a sharp pain in his thigh. He stumbled back, glancing down to see the small knife that Stain had been holding in his other hand sticking out of his leg. Lovely. 

Stain advanced on him, his eyes gleaming with hate, but he yelled in surprise when flames engulfed him. Incredulous, Kage turned to face the entrance of the ally. A boy stood there with his left hand extended, his eyes narrowed in concentration. Todoroki had followed him.

"Sorry it took me a while, it's hard to keep up with you from the ground. Aizawa sent me. He figured you would get yourself in trouble."

He pulled a phone out from his pocket a pressed something on it before sliding it back in, turning his attention back to Stain. The villain was lying on the ground, smoking and groaning, but as Kage watched, he stumbled to his feet, his sword still in his hand.

"I would not suggest you try anything, Stain. There are pros on their way, and they won't be too happy to find three injured people."

Stain tried to rush forwards, but something shot out from behind Todoroki, wrapping around Stain's feet and making him fall. Aizawa stepped into the mouth of the alley, glaring at Kage.

"I thought I told you to be careful."

Kage tried his best to look indignant with a knife sticking out of his leg. "I tried my best, alright?"

Aizawa sighed, looking very much like a tired dad. Kage's vision started swimming, but he saw other pro heroes arrive, hauling off a now thoroughly pissed off Stain. He watched Aizawa walk up to Iida, helping him stand. Then Kage's legs gave out. He slid to the ground, his back pressed against the wall of the alley. Really, why did blood loss have to be a thing? It was a pain in the ass.

Someone was calling his name, but Kage was too far away to care. He tried to pry his eyes open. He needed to get up. He couldn't worry Aizawa. He-

Kage's mind slipped into blackness, accompanied only by the screams of his mother and the sound of flames roaring. 

...............................................................................................................

(A/N) Bro I'm so fucking sore right now, it's not even funny. Anyways, kinda a boring chapter, but here it is. Funny story, I almost completely forgot about the whole Stain thing, but luckily I remembered in time to do this before the next part. 

Notice any mistakes? Please let me know here! -> 

Have any ideas? Share them with me here! ->

Girls, gays, theys, Doge, I bid you adieu. 

I will be collapsing from exhaustion now.