• [ 31 ] •

Rose's POV

I see Matisse approach me from the distance.

"Hey bestie! How are you feeling? I can't believe what Mr.Howard made you go through, but I am glad that you know Roman. Are these you dragons? How come- " He starts rambling, being cut off from his twin.

"Give her time to answer Matisse, but your dragons are cool though." Timothée comments. I thank him, sitting in my seat.

"That makes 3 dragon companions right?" Louis asks me, also sitting down. I nod my head as William just whistles lowly.

"Class, today we will be discussing vibrations. I would like for all of you to remove your shoes and place them in your bags." Mr.Patterson waits until everyone has followed his instructions to continue talking. "Every single one of you are capable of feeling the vibrations in the ground, one of the reasons why you are in this class. But, I have noticed that only a few of you notice the difference, depth, and location between the waves. From now on, I want you all to walk around the school without your shoes on, if you dare disobey me, have fun with stable duty." I notice a couple of people grimacing within our class.

"Now, Rose, Louis, and Caden, go to the back of the room and await my instruction. The rest of you, head towards the back of the class, but do not go past the designated markers." My teacher orders. I stand up and go to the very back of the room with Louis. Another kid looking of asian decent is back here as well, I assume Caden. Mr.Patterson hands each of us a blind fold to put on, us three do so.

"Class, I do not want you to move or make any other differences in vibration. You three will walk to where you think the vibration is coming from. The purpose for this exercise is so that you can walk towards where you believe the vibration is being caused only relying on your instincts. Your classmates will be able to feel the vibrations and be able to see where they are coming from. You must guess the direction of and head towards the origin of the movement wave. If you are correct and are not deterred by my distractions, you will feel a stone at your feet. Collect all of the stones you can, and in the end, we will see who has the most." My instructor tells us.

I close my eyes and center my mind, I become one with the dirt that makes up the ground of the back of this classroom. I feel a very subtle difference in movement in two directions. One is on the surface, the other feels like it is coming from underneath me. I make my way towards the latter and almost trip over a stone. I pick it up and continue feeling for any vibrations. I am aware of the movements from Louis and Caden because their vibrations are more forceful. I sense another vibration similar to the last and follow it. Everyone is quiet, watching the two others and I move around the class.

"You may stop and take off your blindfolds." Mr.Patterson instructs. I take off my blindfold and adjust my eyes to the light. I notice that I have 7 stones, Louis has 5 and Caden has 2. We look up to Mr.Patterson questioningly.

"Does anyone want to tell us what they observed?" My teacher asks. He chooses a student who raises his hand.

"They weren't able to see, but because we were, we saw you sprouting stones from the ground and other times just throwing rocks. Rose maneuvered around all of the distractions and only picked up the stones. Louis and Caden fell for your distractions a couple of times." He says. I look to the floor and see that there are in fact rocks littering the ground.

"Thank you Darius. The reason why I chose you three as examples is because I observed that each of you have a different style of sensing vibrations. Rose can depict location and differences in force, thus why she was able to navigate only the stones. I noticed during her placement test that is easy for her to sense attacks stemming from the ground. Caden senses vibrations through location solely, which is why the rocks were able to distract him. Same goes for Louis." Mr.Patterson tells us.