• [ 33 ] •

Rose's POV

I lightly chat with my friends when Miss Evelyn and her Zmiulan stride through the door. I look at the pair to see that Fedir is already looking at me. He tilts his head slightly to the left, probably indicating that he has not revealed himself to the class. I turn my head to see if anyone is looking at him, but they only see Miss Evelyn. I nod my head towards the Zmiulan, and he bows his head back to me, an unspoken mutual agreement of respect. My instructor soon begins her lesson plan.

"Can anyone summarize what we learned yesterday?" She asks, I instantly raise my hand. My teacher calls for me to speak. I recall what we learned, activating what the twins like to call my "super nerd brain".

"Kelpies are water horse spirits that are capable of shape shifting given the right environment. Their preferable habitats are where water meets land or deep bodies of water. Kelpies possess the strength of ten horses combined and are of German descent. It's main form is that of a horse with the tail of a seahorse or siren. It can take human form as well, but they can be identified by looking at their eyes, for they will be pitch black with swirls of color from kelpie form."

"They are not very welcoming towards humans and can be hostile. Because of their dislike of us beings and crave for death, this makes Kelpies extremely dangerous to be around, especially when found in the wild. The shapes of their tails also give off a clue of the power level of the individual. If a kelpie's tail is more like a seahorse, they are weaker than the average kelpie but not to be underestimated. If a kelpie's tail is similar to a snake's body, the kelpie has a moderate power level. And if a kelpie's tail is in the shape of a siren's, they bear extreme strength and are likely more cunning. Though they are majestic, Kelpies are dangerously powerful." I summarize. The class is silent, so is Miss Evelyn. She breaks out of her trance to comment on my knowledge.

^ Kelpie Form

^ Kelpie Form

^ Human Form

"That was a remarkable summary Miss Rose, very detailed and extremely accurate. Thank you for volunteering. Today, we will be going over how both the water and land environments can benefit the Kelpie's natural and human form. In addition, I want you all to write me a few paragraphs about what we learn today in class. You may also reference Rose's summarization in your mini-essay." She begins her lesson, explaining everything in great detail.