How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 1

Chapter 1:

"Inside a snowflake, like the one on your sleeve, there happened a story you must see to believe."

Our journey starts with entering into a falling snowflake, where clouds greet us within the blue sky. Mount Crumpit stands much taller than the town below.

"Way up in the mountains, in the high range of Pontoons lay the small town of Whoville, the home of the Whos."

A few birds fly by as we join in the busiest day of the town's citizens' lives.

"Ask my Who, and they'll have this to say: 'There is no place like Whoville around Christmas Day.' Every window was flocked, every lamppost was dressed, and the Whoville band marched in their Christmasy best."

And sure enough, members of the marching band play their unique instruments along the streets of Whoville. Even the smallest one enjoys the fun. The greeting of "Merry Christmas" is given everywhere.

"Arbor Day was fine, and Easter was pleasant, and every Saint Fizzin's Day, they ate a Frizz pheasant."

Decorating the big tree, getting shopping done.

"But every Who knew, from their twelve toes to their snofit, they loved Christmas the most, without a single who doubt."

One of the famous shopping stores here in town is Fargingle's, where many buy their gifts.

"Fargingle's welcomes you!" the cashier greets the customers smiling, doing his job. "Merry Christmas! Thank you for shopping at Farfingle's!" he continues with the money.

Among the large crowd is the father of an extraordinary girl. Lou doesn't know it yet, but he will soon learn. In his hand has a long list of Christmas shopping. "We got a snoozlephone for your brother Drew and a snoozlephone for your brother Stu," he goes through the list. "A muncle for your uncle, a fant for your aunt anchfandpn for your cousin Leon." That's when he realized something. "So, we just need...Cindy?" he looks everywhere to find his youngest child. "Cindy Lou!"

"Merry Christmas," one customer greeted him.

"Hello, Myena. Merry Christmas, Fred. Excuse me," Lou gently moved them away. "Cindy Lou? Honey?" he asked the child who was holding the stack of presents. The father takes the center present to reveal seven-year-old Cindy Lou Who.

"Dad?" she's uncomfortable.

"Yea?"

"Doesn't this seem like a bit much?"

"This is what Christmas is all about!" Lou smiles. "Can't you feel it?"

Not wanting to disappoint her father, she gives him a sad smile.

"Merry Christmas!"

"Thank you for shopping at Farfingle's. Wait a second! Your change!"

"Another minute closer to Christmas!"

"And, for the next five minutes, only ninety-nine percent off!"

"Yes, every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot," the focus trails up to the mountain, "but the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville.....did not."

The Grinch's hand reaches out to pull down the telescope.

"Get on it, girls!" one teenager boy grins while running up the mountain. "All the good mistletoes' are at the top!" He seems to be leading his group of friends.

"Hey, Drew, I'll race you!" the other boy joins in the fun.

"Not if I race you first!" Drew, the leader, laughs.

"Last one to the top is a stinky old Grinch!"

Two girls are following the two boys.

"You guys, where are we?" the last one and the shorter girl asked, getting a little scared. "I think we should go back."

"What?" chuckled the shorter male. "You're scared of the Grinch and Lady in Black!"

"No!"

The one named Drew dropped down to the girls' level. "They say he and she live up in a big cave," he starts to scare them, "and only comes down when they're hungry for the taste of Who flesh!" he startles the girls.

"Drew!" the taller female hits him, annoyed.

Drew and his friend both call out playfully, "You're scared of the Grinch! You're scared of the Lady of Black!"

Sounds of the "Intruder" alarm goes off within the cave. Their laughter and child-like behavior echoes in the speakers. Soon they find themselves just feet away from the green and metal door. It leads to the cave. Oh, how they are scared to death to see it.

"Go on, touch it. Touch the door," the taller female says. "Do it for me, Stu," she speaks in a flirtatious tone to the shorter one.

Stu looks back at her, nodding his head with a nervous smile.

Nervously, Drew and Stu walk towards the door, but before they can even touch it, the door opens, and out comes a terrifying sight! A sizeable green head growls at them. Screaming at the top of the lungs grew louder when the Lady in Black made her appearance. She appeared out of nowhere, screaming at them in anger. Her long dark brown/black hair falls to her small waist as long-sleeved black dress molds to the shape of her body down to the snow.

"Leave and never return!!!" the Lady in Black screams to the falling and screaming teenagers.

"Well done, Max and Mercy Grace!" the Grinch calls out in approval.

The Lady in Black, or Mercy Grace, smiles happily with her big brown eyes twinkling towards the cave.

"Serves them right, those Yuletide-loving, sickly-sweet, nog-sucking cheer mongers!" The Grinch looks through the garage display of rotten food until finding a whole onion. "I really don't like them," he says, bringing it close to his mouth. "No, I don't," he takes a bite and eats it. "Max!" the Grinch calls for his dog.

Max whimpers in response.

"Get our cloaks!" he orders him.

Mercy Grace moves the machine back inside.

"I've been much too tolerant of these Whovenile delinquents and their innocent, victimless pranks." He takes the onion outside with him. Max brings out two cloaks. "So they want to get to know us, huh, daughter?" The Grinch asked, rubbing the onion on his armpits before throwing it away.

"They want to spend a little quality time with the Grinch and Lady in Black, father," smirked the Lady in Black, who appears to be a female teenager around sixteen years old with beautiful Who features.

"I guess we could use a little social interaction," he turns to her, "sweet daughter." The corners of his lips curl up into a grinch smile.