How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 20

Chapter 20:

Mercy Grace drives the sleigh down the mountain towards Whoville with Cindy Lou as her passenger, who holds the family dog, Max. Huge smiles appear on their faces while the Grinch holds onto Max's rope as he skates down the mountain behind them. They're doing the right thing by returning Christmas to everyone. Based on his enjoyment, he's having fun. Cindy Lou is having fun while giggling at the fast speed.

At some point, they hear the Grinch yelling and flying above us. He hits the bag and falls in front of them on the engine.

"Are you alright, Daddy?" Mercy Grace asked him worriedly.

"Are you kiddin', sweet daughter?" the Grinch asked her, smiling. "The sun is bright, and the powder's bitchin'!" She rolls her eyes with a smile. "Now scoot over! It's my turn to drive!" He gets into the driver's seat while she scoots closer to Cindy Lou and Max. They titled up and down at some point, making them laugh. "I'd better slow this buggy down!" The Grinch puts on the brakes, but the speed broke them.

"We're gonna crash!" Cindy Lou and Mercy Grace tell him.

"Now you listen to me, young ladies," he points at the girls. "Even if we're horribly mangled, there'll be no sad faces on Christmas."

The girls nod their heads with smiles. All of them screamed when they see a tree in their path. He turns the steering wheel as they hold onto each other.

Back in Whoville, everyone sees something coming down the mountain.

"Help!" they hear the voice of Cindy Lou.

"Cindy!" Betty Lou gasps, terrified of her daughter's safety.

"Grinch?" Martha asked happily.

"Mercy Grace?" Kyle Ray asked happily.

"My baby!" Betty Lou exclaims, looking for something to use for rope.

Martha helps her with the light display, commenting the lights matched her pajamas perfectly.

"Everyone, out of the way!!!" Kyle Ray orders the Whos, running around.

"This could be more difficult, negotiate," the Grinch tries to stop.

"Hurry! Out of the way!" Kyle Ray orders the Whos more.

Martha and Betty have a light display to stop the sleigh.

"Out of the way! We have no insurance!" the Grinch tells them.

The impact caused them to join the out of the control ride. Grinch and Mercy Grace tell the Whos to move out of the way or run for their lives while screaming.

"Daddy, move!" Cindy Lou's concerned for her father, who's at the tree with his hand out to stop them.

"Dad, move it!" The Grinch mocks.

Somehow he manages to stop the sleigh from crashing into the Whoville Christmas tree.

"Thanks for the help there, Mr. Lou," Mercy Grace tells him with a smile.

"Hi, Daddy!" Cindy Lou smiles.

"Hi, Cindy, honey!" he smiles back, relieved to see his daughter safe and sound.

"Merry Christmas one and all!" the Grinch smiles big towards the Whos as if he's like Santa Claus.

"Cindy!" her mother comes in terrified but is happy to see her safe and sound as well.

"Mommy!" Cindy Lou smiles back, hugging her mother.

A motorcycle sound comes in, and Kyle Ray sees his love with a huge smile. "Mercy Grace!" he smiles immense, helping her out of the slight bridal style.

"Kyle Ray!" she smiles back just as big, hugging him back by his neck.

"Alright, what do we have here?" the policeman comes in being serious.

"You got us, officer!" The Grinch jumps down. "I did it! I'm the Grinch that stole Christmas."

"And I helped as well," Mercy Grace speaks up, getting out of Kyle Ray's warm embrace, joining him.

"And we're sorry," the father and daughter say at the same time, offering their firsts to him, but he didn't do anything.

"Aren't you gonna cuff us, sir?" she asked, a bit confused.

"Put us in a chokehold? Blind us with pepper spray?" Grinch asked.

"You heard him, officer," of course the Mayor steps in. "They admitted it. I'd go with the pepper spray," he tells the officer.

"Yes, I heard them, alright," the officer speaks. "They said they were sorry." That makes them smile and the Mayor in disbelief. "Besides, it looks like everything is all here and accounted for."

Mercy Grace smiles more and runs back into Kyle Ray's inviting arms for a warm hug.

"Help out here, people." Augustus didn't like this at all. "Martha?!" he calls for Mercy Grace's mother.

"Merry Christmas, Augustus May Who!" she calls from the top of the bag. "I'm afraid I do have something for you!" She slides down towards the ground, letting out a yell. "Your ring back," she gives him the ring. "Sorry, but my heart has always belonged to someone else." Martha looks at the Grinch, making the Who teens happy.

The Grinch lets out a happy dance before offering his hand to the shocked Mayor. "No hard feelings?" he smirks. He accepts it while the Grinch laughs at him. "Cheer up, dude, it's Christmas."

Later the Grinch fixes a light on the tree, lighting up the whole town. Everyone cheers at sight, which shyly accepts the joy.

Cindy Lou tugs on his sleeve, catching his attention. "Merry Christmas, Mr. Grinch," she smiles, kissing his cheek. Then she has a slightly confused look on her face. "Your cheek is so..."

"I know, hairy."

"No."

"Greasy? Do I have a zit?"

"No," she shakes her head. "Warm," she smiles, making him smile. Cindy Lou holds onto his hand as she sings, "Fah who foraze, dah who doraze."

"Welcome, Christmas, come this way," everyone joins in as the little girl brings the Grinch to the lineup. "Fah who foraze, dah who doraze. Welcome, Christmas, Christmas Day. Welcome, welcome, fah who rahums. Welcome, welcome, dah who dahmus. Christmas Day is in our grasp. So long as we have hands to clasp!"

"Fah who ray-moo, ya-who he haw," The Grinch sings along, without knowing the lyrics.

"Welcome, Christmas, bring your cheer," Martha corrects him.

"Cheer!"

"Fah who foraze, Dah who doraze," Mercy Grace sings with a chuckle at her parents before singing with a smiling Kyle Ray.

"Welcome all Whos.....far....and.....near!"