How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 18

Chapter 18:

"Wanna make mischief?" Kyle Ray smirks.

Mercy Grace's eyes widen, and she smirks back, "I love you so much."

He has a rope and a large hook. The sight creates the smirk growing large on her face. They want revenge on his uncle for what he did to her and the Grinch. The Bonnie and Clyde quietly sneak into the Mayor's part of the multi-family home. Their hands are together tightly as Kyle Ray leads her inside his bedroom. He places his index finger on his pale lips, telling Mercy Grace to be quiet. She nods her head.

The Lady in Black kneels on the floor at the foot of the bed. Her new boyfriend joins her, so they work together to tie the end of the rope tightly—the rope trails out the window where he hooks the police car.

The way Kyle Ray being naughty is making her feel warmer than they were making out earlier. He smiles at her, smiling face as he stands back up. Her coverup is back on when they arrive outside. "Whatever happens in the morning," her lover says softly, "you, me, and your parents are still going to be together, whether it is in Whoville, Mount Crumpit, or anywhere we call home."

"Really?" she asked, smiling, wrapping her arms around his neck again.

"Really, really," he smiles back, wrapping his arms around her waist.

They kiss each other again before she leaves also, but this time on a more positive note. After a few feet, she turns her head back to give him a smile with her eyes half-closed.

He returns the look, knowing they are going to be together one way or another.

The Grinch and the Lady in Black finish up with everything that they can get their hands on. He laughs the laugh of his own glee and evil as she turns off all the lights of Whoville. His laughter continues when the sleigh starts up from the ground, but after a few seconds from being in the air, it falls!

Max shows his owner what's the problem. The gas meter shows them that the arrow was a steady low "GOING GOING" before quickly goes to the end of the red "GONE."

Their dog lets out what sounds like a laugh.

The Grinch didn't like this. "What are you laughing at," he asked Max, glaring, leaning closer, "Rudolph?"

So here the family is now, getting pulled by their small dog to the very top of Mount Crumpit.

"It's all you, Maxie!" Grinch calls out to him.

"Daddy! Is this really nessorcity?!" Mercy Grace asked, worried for their beloved animal.

"Three thousand feet up, up the side of Mount Crumpit, they rode with their load to the tiptop to dump it."

Max falls out of exhaustion.

Mercy Grace hurries over to aid Max, still terribly worried for him.

"We did it!" Grinch echoes his enjoyment throughout the outskirts of the forests down below. "We did it! We did it!" he claps and dances. "That wasn't so bad, was it, Max and Mercy Grace?"

She glares at him while hugging Max in her arms.

"They'll be waking up now, and I know just what they'll do," the Grinch smiles evilly. "All those Whos down in Whoville will all cry."

The morning has come for everyone. Their Christmas stuff has been stolen; possibly they knew it was from the Grinch and the Lady in Black.

"What an embarrassment! I've been robbed!" the policeman says, panicking, getting into his car where the rope is connected to the Mayor's bed.

It makes Kyle Ray smirk at the impact. Augustus's bed comes out, flying out of the shattered window and wall into the middle of Whoville. A small snicker appears out of the Who teen boy's closed mouth. He got what he deserves, for now.

"Mayor May Who?" the police asked, surprised by his sudden appearance when he got out of the car. "Oh, dear."

Everyone gathers around to see the Mayor in his bed, just as shocked as him. Martha comes to Kyle Ray's side, where she holds onto his arm. He simply nods at her, telling her that he's alright. She nods back, understanding him.

"Well, I wonder who could have done this," the Mayor speaks, getting out of his bed for his assistant to put on his robe. "Tell you, people, one thing....Invite the Grinch and the Lady in Black destroy Christmas. Invite the Grinch and the Lady in Black destroy Christmas!" he yells while hitting his bed. "But did anyone listen to me?"

"I did," smiled his assistant.

"No. You choose to listen to a little not to be taken seriously," he chuckles before saying seriously, "girl, who hasn't even grown into her nose yet. Cindy, I hope you're very proud of what you've done," he points at the little girl.

Kyle Ray shakes his head at this.

The Mayor begins walking away when a family voice speaks up, "If she isn't, I am." Her father steps up, making everyone gasp. "I'm glad he took our presents."

"What?"

"I....I'm glad," he smiles.

"You're glad," Augustus smiles as well. "You're glad that everything is gone," he walks over. "You're glad that the Grinch and the Lady in Black virtually wrecked-no, not wrecked-pulverized Christmas. Is that what I'm hearing, Lou?"

"You can't hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor," Lou simply smiles. "Because it isn't about the gifts or the contests or the fancy lights. That's what Cindy's been trying to tell everyone!" His words make Cindy Lou and Kyle Ray smile. "And me. She's been trying to tell me."

"What's wrong with you?" the Mayor didn't like this. "This is a child!"

"She's my child. And she happens to be right, by the way," Lou pokes him. Everyone realizes it as well. "I don't need anything more for Christmas than this right here," Lou walks over towards his wife and kids. "My family!" Cindy Lou hugs her father.

The Whos begins to greet "Merry Christmas" to each other with happy smiles.

Kyle Ray smiles up to Martha, who realized what she has done over the years. "Merry Christmas, Martha May," he tells her, hugging her.

"Merry Christmas, Kyle Ray," she smiles back and hugs back.

"Merry Christmas, you hunk of burnin' Who!" Betty Lou kisses his husband like crazy.

Kyle Ray rolls his eyes at this while shaking his head with a smile.

Cindy Lou looks up at Mount Crumpit before looking at the Who teen in black with a smile and a nod. A smile appears again on her face, knowing what she is going to do.