How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 16

Chapter 16:

Everything's ready. The Grinch starts up the slay, and it begins to move. "That feels good," he says through the motions. The Grinch gives the sleigh some gas, and it starts up more. "Here goes nothing, hot dog and sweet daughter!" he tells Mercy Grace and Max. Fire appears out of the slay behind them. "Wow!"

"This is nuts, Daddy!" Mercy Grace freaks out.

Her father simply snickers and stands to say, "On, Crasher! On, Thrasher! On, Vomit and Batzorig."

The sleigh moves forward at a force, making the small family scream - especially when they begin to spin in circles and Max falls out of their sleigh. Luckily, there's a long strap holding him onto the sleigh.

"We're gonna die!" the Lady in Black screams, horrified as they went straight towards Whoville.

"We're gonna die!" the Grinch screams as well. "I'm going to throw up, and then, I'm gonna die!"

"Daddy! Make it stop!" she holds onto his arm tightly.

Soon later, the sleigh finally steadies its flight.

Her heart is beating a thousand miles an hour.

"Almost lost our cool there," she hears her father mumble under his breath as she manages to keep calm.

He picks the closest house so he can land this thing.

"All their windows were dark. Quiet snow filled the air. All the Whos were all dreaming sweet dreams without care when he came to the first little house on the square...."

"Welcome to Whoville, Max, and Mercy Grace," the Grinch says while landing the sleigh. "Come on, daughter," he smirks at her. "This is our first stop."

"The old Grinchy Claus hissed, and he climbed to the roof, empty bags in his fist. He'd slide down the chimney, a rather tight pinch, but if Santa could do it, then so could the Grinch."

She ties his ankles with a long rope colored in red and white.

"He's planning a double-twisting interrupted forward flying two and a half with a combo tuck and pike," he mumbled to himself, raising his arms. "High degree of difficulty." Surprisingly, the Grinch did want what he wanted but got stuck in the chimney entrance.

"He got stuck only once, for a moment or two."

"Blasted water weight! Goes right to my hips."

His little elf snickers at his complaining.

The Grinch manages to get unstuck to where the fireplace.

"Then he stuck his out of the fireplace flute."

He shushes the narrator. "A little more stealth, please," he requested.

"Where the little Who stockings all in a row."

"These stockings," the Grinch has a jar of moths.

"He grinned."

"Are the first thing to go," he says, opening the jar. "Okay, fellas. Showtime."

An extensive series of moths scatter around the stockings to eat them all.

Mercy Grace brings in the large suction tube to get as much as possible. The Grinch is happy with his daughter's performance.

"Then he slunk to the icebox."

He returned inside to get to it and open it.

"He eyed the Whos' feast. He took the Who pudding. He took the roast beast."

"Hike!" the Grinch called out, throwing the roast beast like a football player.

"He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash. Why that Grinch, he even took their last can of Who hash."

The Grinch opens the cabinet to reveal the last can.

"Then he stuffed all the food up the chimney with glee."

A bag of the food went up the chimney where Mercy Grace grabs it to the sleigh.

"And now," he grins to the tree. "I'll stuff the tree!"

"And the Grinch grabbed the tree, and he started to shove when he heard of a small sound like the coo of a dove."

"Excuse me?"

It's Cindy Lou wearing her pajamas and walking down the stairs. He quickly covers himself with the tree.

"The Grinch had been caught by this tiny Who daughter who's got out of bed for a cup of cold water."

"Mr. Santa, what are you doing with our tree?" she asked, thinking it's Santa as she walks over towards them.

"But you know, that old Grinch was so smart and so slick, he thought up a lie, and he thought it up quick."

"Why my sweet little tot," he makes his best Santa voice with his arms out.

"The fake Santa Claus lied."

"There's a light on this tree that won't," the Grinch breaks a light, "light on one side. So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear," he makes the little girl giggle. "I'll fix it up there; then I'll bring it back here."

"Santa, what's Christmas really about?" she asked him.

"Vengeance!" the Grinch reveals himself accidentally, startling her. "I mean...presents, I suppose."

She sighs, "I was afraid of that."

"And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head, and he got her a drink, and he sent her to bed."

"Santa," she speaks up at a high step.

"What?"

"Don't forget the Grinch." Her request surprises him. "I know he's mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy." He looks at his hands. "But I think he's actually kind of sweet."

"Sweet? You think he's sweet?"

She nods her head with a smile before saying, "Merry Christmas, Santa."

The Grinch covers his ears in disgust as she walks up the stairs.

"And when Cindy Lou went up with her cup...."

"Nice kid," he says to himself. "Bad judge of character."

"He went to the chimney and stuffed the tree up. And the last thing he took was the log for their fire. On their walls, he left nothing but some hooks and some wire. And the one speck of food that he'd left in the house was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse."