How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 5

Chapter 5:

The telephone rings at the Lou Who Residence. Both Lou and Betty run over to answer the call.

"I got it!"

"Honey, I've got it!"

"Hello?" Lou answers it. "Is my sub-zero vhillibrator running?" he asked, confused. "I suppose."

"You better go catch it!" the Grinch raises his voice before hanging up the prank call. He laughs at the playful act. "That's a good one! That is rich." His daughter looks tired and yawns into her hand. "Let's go home," he says.

She nods her head, happy to go back home.

The easiest way to get home is through the garbage chute.

The Grinch opens it, and Max starts entering in, but he stops him. "Fleas before beauty, thank you," he stated.

Mercy Grace is a little confused about what he means but allowed her father to enter first, then her little brother before her. The Grinch pushes the button, and they are sucked into the chute. No matter how tired one is, it's always fun using the garbage chute towards Mount Crumpit.

"Yahoo!" she screams, appearing out and dropping down onto a pile.

Her father and brother appear out, joining her. "You really enjoyed that, didn't you?" the Grinch asked the smiling Who teen.

She smiles more and nods her head.

Then the familiar sound of something going through the chute catches his attention. "Oh, good, another load coming out," smiled the Grinch.

A few bags rolled down to the father and daughter.

Mercy Grace smells something in disgust, "Ugh, what is that stench?"

"It's fantastic!" her father got excited.

The bags are red, and "hazardous waste" is written across on them.

"Max, Mercy Grace, you two grab a bag." The Grinch grabs two for himself. "We'll come back for the rest."

"Of course, you really mean only Max and me," his daughter smirks while following up the mountain.

"What can I say, sweet daughter? "One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri" he turns to her and continues.

"Do you even know what that is?" Mercy Grace asked as Max barks.

"I don't know; it's some kind of soup."

Back in Whoville, Cindy Lou wears her pink pajamas and her braids down. She holds her flashlight with a mind filled with questions and curiosity. Her dancing ballerina music box plays music in front of her as the little girl sits in her chair.

"Where are you, Christmas?" she begins to sing. "Why can't I find you? Why have you gone away?" In her free hand holds her baby stocking. It's pink with white polka dots and her name stitched in it. Cindy Lou places it down. "My world is changing," she walks over to her vanity to look in the mirror, "I'm rearranging. Does that mean Christmas changes too?"

The light of her flashlight fans over her Christmas letter to Santa, saying, "Dear Santa, I'm not sure what to ask for this Christmas."

"Where are you, Christmas?" she sings to her Christmas tree. "Do you remember the girl you used to know? You and I were so carefree," she walks over to her window, facing Mount Crumpit. "Now, nothing's easy. Did Christmas change or just me?"