How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 7

Chapter 7:

A knock appears at the door of the Grinch's childhood home.

"Who could that be?" one of his caretakers asked, answering it. It's Cindy Lou. "Hello, little girl," the caretaker greets with a smile. "Are you here to read to us?"

"No," she answers. Then she lowers her voice into a whisper, "I hear you know some things about the Grinch." Cindy Lou shows them a newspaper article, saying the Grinch has been spotted on Mount Crumpit.

"Cindy Lou had some questions in her curious heart. Why did the Grinch and the Lady in Back hate Christmas? Where did it all start? With her dad's blabbacorder, she wouldn't give an inch."

"In your own words," Cindy Lou holds the microphone, "please tell me everything you know about the Grinch. Where did he come from?"

"He came the way all Who babies come. On calm nights, baby Who girls and tiny Who fellas drift from the sky in their own pembersellas."

A series of pumbersellas drift from the sky and lay on different porches in Whoville. One came down to one porch where the father just came out and placed the milk bottles outside. The baby makes a sound and catches his attention.

"Hey, honey! Our baby's here!" He calls for his wife happily. The baby makes another sound, creating a weird look on his face. "It looks just like your boss."

"Oh," Cindy Lou smiles, "that's how it works!"

"Hmm-mmm. It was Christmas Eve, and a strange wind blows that night."

A worn-out pumbersella carries a baby Grinch down towards Whoville. He's an adorable little baby with an early age of mischief. Soon later, he gently falls onto a tree outside of his future caretakers' home.

"We were having our annual holiday get-together."

The house is filled with people having a relatively good time and music in the background, even to the point when everyone begins placing their keys in a jar.

"It was morning before anybody realized that he was out there. The poor fella! But you know what?" she smiles at her sister before turning back to Cindy Lou, still smiling. "We knew right away that he was special."

Baby Grinch sits in his high chair and lets out a burp.

"Do you want a Christmas cookie?" one of his caretakers asked with a smile, using a baby-like tone.

"Yes, which Christmas cookie would you like?" the other one holds a Santa plate filled with cookies.

"Santa," he speaks for the first time.

"His first word!" they got excited.

"Yes, that is a Santa plate. Do you want this Santa plate?" she offers.

He places his hands on it and takes a bite of the plate, surprising them!

"Santa, bye-bye."

"He was a wonderful....whatever he was, and we raised him like any other Who child with a deep love of Christmas."

A classroom shows an eight-year-old Grinch drawing something relating to his own Christmas while grinning and chuckling at his work.

"Don't forget, tomorrow is our big Christmas gift exchange," their teacher, a young Ms. Ru Who, smiles at the class. "Everyone, bring a special gift for a special someone."

The Grinch rolls his eyes at this.

"The Grinch?" Martha asked. Cindy Lou nods her head. "He had no sense of color coordination. Although I hardly remember him. I didn't have time to socialize. I was too busy with my studies."

Her "studies" contains admiring the Grinch, maybe even flirting with him, and licking her lollipop.

"And if the truth be told, he...he liked Martha," Mayor Maywho explains while his assistant is polishing his shoes. "Martha was my girlfriend, and unfortunately, they had a child together later in life."

"Her name is Mercy Grace," Kyle Ray begins with Cindy Lou as they enjoy some hot chocolate. "She's the best thing that has ever happened to me," his head lowers a little, sadly.

An eight-year-old Mercy Grace enters the classroom with her usual head bowed and clutching onto her school bag.

"She's always quiet and kept to herself," her brother, Drew, explains, talking about their old classmate.

"It's always a shame because she always has an A+ in everything, and I mean everything!" her brother, Stu, adds in.

"Mercy Grace and the Grinch are very similar to each other," Martha explains, getting a little sad. "Mainly due to the fact, she is his daughter."

The outcast sits in her usual seat while the outcast boy tells her not to worry.

"I didn't really approve of Mercy Grace because she had moments that reminded me of her father," Maywho explains.

"We didn't care about my uncle's disapproval," Kyle Ray adds. "We always were together as if we were Bonnie and Clyde," he chuckles before taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "A famous outlaw couple," the seventeen-year-old explained to the confused little girl.

"Oh," she understood now.

"Everyone, tomorrow's our big gift exchange," their teacher smiles at Mercy Grace's classmates. "Remember to bring a special gift for a special someone."

Kyle Ray smiles at the shy little Mercy Grace when school finishes for the day. "You know," he speaks, "I am only interested in giving one present to the only one I truly care about." His small, slender fingers gently place the strand of hair behind her ear, showing more of her cute face.

Immediately, she blushes and looks at his eyes.

"May I walk you outside of school," the little boy asked.

She nods her head, still blushing.

"I don't like discussing this Grinch and Lady in Black so very close to Christmas, but maybe if you hear the truth, you'll understand why....put your back into it!" he explains to his assistant before turning back to the little girl calmly. "I try to take him under my wing," he lies.

"You don't have a chance with her," a young Augustus and Whobris stand in front of him. "You're eight years old, and you have a beard."

Most of their classmates laugh at that.

"He had hair. Not pleasant," Mayor Maywho explains, disgust. "He shed. Not right."

The Grinch begins walking out of class when he comes across the young Martha.

"You know, Christmas is my favorite time of year," she smiles. He rolls his eyes at this. "I just love the colors. Red and green," she continues smiling while caressing his cheek.

He gasps at her affections towards him.

Martha waves, smiling more before standing up to leave.

"Mercy Grace and I share something more than just crushes," Kyle Ray says sadly while lowering his head, feeling tears lining his eyes.

Cindy Lou looks at him sadly, feeling bad for him.