How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 12

Chapter 12:

"I guess the award goes to the runner up," the Mayor quickly decides, hiding his happiness that the Grinch didn't come.

"That's right," Whobris announces into the speakers with a smile. "A man for whom Christmas comes, not once a year, but every minute of every day. A handsome, nobleman." Kyle Ray rolls his eyes at this. "A man who had his tonsil removed twice."

This disgusts Martha.

"That's an interesting story," Mayor May Who chuckles, a little embarrassed. "You see, what happened was-" He gets interrupted by a loud sound.

Everyone runs away from the garbage chute where it opens, shooting out the Grinch and the Lady in Black! They both scream at the top of their lungs. The force got them to a drum and then towards a Whobilation banner. Finally, the father and daughter land on top of very shocked Martha and Kyle! All four got onto the grounds in a force.

"Hello, Martha," the Grinch greets with his face in between her breasts, who are surprised at the touch.

"K-Kyle Ray?" Mercy Grace asked, surprised by the shocked, almost an adult male underneath her.

"They made it!" Cindy Lou smiles big, seeing them.

Kyle Ray is stunned by Mercy Grace's blossomed beauty. Her hair has grown long as it falls on one side, hiding them away from everyone else. Their eyes meet for the first time since that horrible day. Lips are inches away from each other. His hands place themselves on her sides as her hands hold herself up steady. He didn't care that her hair and eyes have gotten darker while her skin turns paler. In his eyes, she's perfect.

"You're beautiful," Kyle Ray mouths the words to her.

Her already racing heart races more and more against his beating heart. "He's so warm," Mercy Grace thinks to herself, blushing a bit and secretly snuggling more into him.

He notices this but didn't react much; just a small tug of a smile curls on his lips.

The Grinch stands back on his feet, leaving a gasping Martha on the steps. He sees his daughter on top of a young man's figure on the other side of the stairwell. The lack of seeing his daughter's face made him mad.

Mercy Grace's blushing face slightly leans forward towards him to gently place her lips on his when the Grinch grabs her off of him, shocking them. Her father glares deadly at the young Who man while holding onto his daughter protectively. The Mayor tries to step forward but steps back when the Grinch turned to him with a look of murder on his face. "I know what you did," he mouths the words to his childhood enemy, which he responded with pure fear in his eyes.

Everyone is scared at every move he makes. Even he said, "Boo."

"Hot crowd, hot crowd," he mumbles under his breath, still holding Mercy Grace in his arms. "I believe I'm here, with my daughter, to accept an award of some kind. And the child mentioned....a check," the Grinch points his long hairy finger towards Cindy Lou.

"No, she/I didn't," Mercy Grace/Cindy Lou speak when the little girl's parents hold her protectively.

"Alright, then, give me the award," the Grinch gets annoyed while gently placing his daughter aside. "Come on, while I am young!"

"Don't you worry, Mr. Holiday Cheer-meister," the Mayor steps with a mic in his hand. "You'll get your award. But first, a little family reunion for both of you. They nursed you, Mr. Grinch." The Lady in Black's confused. "They clothed you. Here, they are, your old beddies!"

Two figures appear out of the crowd. Both are women in their wiser years, and they're happy to see the Grinch again.

"Are you two still living?" he asked with his eyes widened in surprise.

"We missed you!" one of them smiles while coming closer towards him.

He groans, annoyed.

A tap appears on Mercy Grace's shoulder. She turns around, gets a little startled at the sight of a smiling Martha May Whovier. "Mommy?" the teenage Who girl whispers.

"Oh my," Martha gently places a hand on her pale cheek, caressing it. "You have grown so beautifully. I missed you, Mercy Grace," she admits, getting emotional.

"I missed you too, Mommy," Mercy Grace admits, emotional as well.

They both pull each other into a tight hug where tears fall on their cheeks.

Kyle Ray's happy. The love of his life is finally reunited with her mother after so many years. It felt like forever since the last time they saw each other.

The Grinch's caretakers and their friends surround him with knitting materials. Soon, he reappears again with a light-up Christmas sweater, saying, "I love Christmas". Mercy Grace thought it was a nice thought for thinking of him, but he freaked out.

"Put him in the Chair of Cheer!" everyone cheers.

"What's the Chair of Cheer?" the Grinch asked his daughter, who's still in her mother's arms. She didn't know either. "You didn't tell us about the Chair of Cheer," he tells Cindy Lou.

"Please, Mr. Grinch, please," she begged him with her furry gloved hands together.

The Grinch tries to get out of this situation when the Chair arrives.

"It's that time of year," the Mayor announces. "The Cheer-meister's ride into the Chair of Cheer!"

"Put me down! I mean it!" the Whos forced him onto the chair. "I've got a lawyer. There'll be hell to pay!"

"Daddy!" Mercy Grace freaks out with her arm out. The Grinch was the only parent who raised her for the past eight years. He has been taken away from her.

Kyle Ray and Martha hold her back, assuring her that it's going to be okay, even though secretly they are a little freaked out too.