How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 2

Chapter 2:

The Grinch and the Lady in Black place their identical cloaks over their bodies. Since everyone knows that she has her hair down when she's her persona, Mercy Grace puts her long dark hair into a neat bun under the hood.

Her father has on a Who-like face mask over his real face, keeping his identity a secret. Snickers escape his mouth as his long brown shoe-covered feet tiptoes on the everyday snow. Mischief is on his mind.

The low-heeled 1950's inspired black snow boots follow the Grinch's footsteps in the snow. Their faithful companion walks next to them, mainly the young teenage girl.

They are surrounded by the chaos of Christmas shopping, which makes Mercy Grace feel very uncomfortable.

"Merry Christmas!" some of the Whos greets them.

"Yea, you bet," the Grinch greeted back from behind the mask, "ho, ho, ho, and stuff." Then a couple of Whos bump into each other and fall to the ground. "Oh my, someone has vandalized that vehicle. You see that daughter?" he turns towards her. "The city is a dangerous place. So, stay close to me."

She nods her head with a "hmm hmm."

The Grinch continues on his way with Mercy Grace and Max following him. Behind him was a saw. He's motioning it closer to her. She takes it while still walking.

"The Grinch hated Christmas. The whole Christmas season. Now please, don't ask his daughter why. No one quite knows the reason."

A couple of kids came by their path. Perfect. "Hey kids, here's a present for you," Mery Grace smiles at them, giving it to them. "Be sure to run real fast with it. Come on. Double time! Move!" They took it and ran off with it. She chuckled a bit.

"She figured that it could be that his head wasn't screwed on just right."

Both the Grinch and his daughter did a few mischief actions, just small ones like bumping into the Whos and making them lose their presents before meeting up again.

"Or it could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But what Mercy Grace thinks the most likely reason of all may have been that his heart was two sizes too small."

"Hey there, stranger," a shop clerk stops her father, "won't let you go till you buy a chapeau!"

He turns to the store clerk to open his mask. He burps a nasty smell, blowing at him, causing the clerk to fall backward. The shop clerk then falls forward in front of Mercy Grace when the Grinch leaves.

She walks over to him while smirking.

A siren-like sound echoes at Fargingle's, which causes some concern until the cashier says with a smile, "Lou, you must max out your credit card!"

Everyone cheers as if it's the most incredible celebration. Well, except for Lou's daughter Cindy Lou. She was still uncomfortable and a little confused.

"Boy, nothing beats Christmas, right?" her father asked happily while holding presents to their next location.

"I guess....," she needs to tell her father how she feels.

"Well, it's just, I look around at you and Mom and everyone getting all kerbobbled," Cindy Lou tries to tell him. "Doesn't this seem.....superfluous?"

"Dad! Dad!" cries of Lou's other children sounded horrifying.

Came running towards them was Drew and Stu covered in snow and scared to death. The girls are in the same situation.

"What happened to you?" Lou's worried and concerned.

"It was the Grinch and Lady in Black!" Stu exclaims.

Even mentioning the two names caused everyone to step in their tracks. Fear and terrified, read through the big mess.

"Did someone just say "Grinch" and "Lady in Black"?" asked the Mayor of Whoville as he steps out of his office with two other Whos.

One appeared to his sycophantic aid, and the other looks like a younger boy around seventeen years old. Shoulder-length raven black hair with black eyes and ultra pale skin. Slender with muscles and wearing nice clothing in all black. And also handsome Who features.

"Hello, Mayor May-Who," Lou nervously smiles at the Mayor.

"Lou," Mayor May-Who quietly motions him closer. Lou nervously does so. "I don't need to remind you all that this Christmas marks the one-thousandth Whobilation," he whispers to him.

"Whoville's most important celebration," commented his sycophantic aid.

"And the Book of Who," the Mayor snaps his fingers at the younger man, who annoyingly gives him the book, "says very clearly, "every size of Who we can measure knows that Whobilation is a time we must treasure!" he reads a quote before closing it again. "Now, Lou, please tell me that your boys were not on Mount Crumpit provoking the two creatures within a billion kilometers of here who hates Christmas."

"Was she alright?" the younger boy asked the boys, concerned.

"Not now, Kyle," the Mayor growls under his breath to him.

"But Uncle Augustus!" Kyle glares at his uncle, who is the Mayor.

"No, sir," Lou speaks up, pulling their attention to them while covering his sons' mouths, "the boys didn't see any Grinch or Ladies in Black." He turns around to face them, still covering them. "I think they were up on the mountain playing with matches or defacing private property, or...." Lou was giving out excuses.

Mayor May-Who sighs in relief. "That's a relief. Alright, you hear the man: There is no Grinch nor Lady in Black problem here," he tells the citizens of Whoville.

Everyone continues with their merry way. Mayor May-Who was having a quiet argumentative talk. Possibly about the Lady in Black. Kyle simply glares at him while crossing his arms on his chest.

Lou begins to pick up presents when Cindy Lou asks him, "Dad, what's the Grinch and Lady in Black?"

"Oh, you don't worry about things like those," he assures her, smiling. "I need to go to work, and you need to go to school."

She lets go and begins to walk towards school, but along her way, she notices the Mayor's nephew, Kyle, looking at the mountain with black eyes filled with different emotions. Hurt, depress, concern, worry, missing someone, and maybe.....love?