How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 10

Chapter 10:

The Grinch sleeps peacefully in his bed from knocking himself unconscious. Max's taking a nap as well, but as for Mercy Grace, she's more interested in getting something to eat.

The stove that the Grinch found during adventures down in Whoville, she restored into a working oven/store for the open concept of a kitchen. The food here is mainly rotten foods, which she doesn't mind having, but there are good foods. Either from stolen money or Kyle Ray will occasionally deliver food, especially around Christmas. Mercy Grace is grateful because she can't eat rotten food all the time.

She's just about finished cooking her meal when Christmas music begins to play along with singing. A groan of annoyance escapes her lips. Whenever they hear Christmas of any kind, the Grinch won't be happy, and she doesn't like it when her daddy isn't happy.

Just as she confirmed, he got out of the neatly made bed that she did for tucking him in. "Must down them out!" The Grinch places piles of screws, nuts, and bolts into blenders, creating a lot of noise. He makes more and more noise to the point where Max and Mercy Grace are feeling uncomfortable. "It's not working!"

"I think it is, Daddy!" she calls out over the noise, cringing while covering her ears.

"The whipper-winds whipped high above the Who towns. A trip or a slip you'd slide all the way down. But this girl has a mission. She knew what to do. She'd invite the Grinch and the Lady in Black herself, that brave Cindy Lou."

The Grinch brings in the giant monkey and turns it on. It claps together to make loud sounds. "Play, Monkey! Play!"

Cindy Lou climbs up to the door where she hears the Grinch call out, "Owey!" "Mr. Grinch, Miss Black?" she calls out, knocking on the door. "Mr. Grinch, Miss Black?" she tries again. Assuming they couldn't hear her, Cindy Lou enters through the smaller door in the larger door. "Hello?" she calls out inside.

The little girl walks inside to see more of the cave. Down below, the Lady in Black watches her father annoyed when the Grinch has the monkey clap against his head. The six-year-old walks down, catching Mercy Grace's attention.

Mercy Grace's brown eyes widened, surprised to see Cindy Lou, and moved behind a little.

"Excuse me," Cindy Lou taps his shoulder.

He stood up straight, holding the things together to stop the monkey. Slowly, the Grinch turns to the little girl glaring. "Hello....little girl," he speaks, trying to scare her. "How dare you enter the Grinch's lair?! The impudence!" he went crazy. "The audacity! The unmitigated gall! You called down the thunder now; get ready for the boom!! Gaze into the face of fear." He let out a weird sound.

"Mr. Grinch, Miss Black," she says calmly, smiling, taking off her earmuffs. "My name is Cindy Lou Who."

"You see?" the Grinch points, acting crazy again. "Even now, the terror is welling up inside you," he circles around her, smirking.

"She isn't scared, Father," Mercy Grace mentions.

"Denial is to be expected in the face of pure evil," he again tries to scare her, acting like a rabid dog.

"I don't think so," Cindy Lou speaks, stopping him.

"Doubt?" the Grinch asked, dramatically. "Another unmistakable sign of the heebie-jeebies! Now, you're doomed!"

"He's always like this," Mercy Grace explains to Cindy Lou.

The Grinch continues being "evil" by trying to scare the little girl to the point he got exhausted. His daughter even looks at the readers showing how annoyed she is with her father now.

"Maybe you need a time out," Cindy Lou suggests.

The Grinch looks at her surprised, making her giggle. "Kids today," he says to the readers with arms crossed. "So desensitized by movies and television." Then he screams at the little girl, making echoes, "What do you want?!"

Her eyebrows raised at the yelling before continuing with her mission. "Mr. Grinch," Cindy Lou speaks with a smile, pulling out an invite for the Whobilation, "I came to invite you to be holiday cheermeister."

Mercy Grace smiles at this.

"Holiday Whobie-what-y?" he asked, confused.

"Cheer-meister," she giggles.

The Grinch looks at the invite, mumbling something before laughing. "That's a good one." Then he walked away.

"I know you hate Christmas," Cindy Lou follows him. Mercy Grace follows them. "But what if it's all just a misunderstanding?"

"He won't listen, Cindy Lou," Mercy Grace tells the little girl.

"I, myself, am having some Yuletide doubts, but maybe if you reunite with the Whos and be a part of Christmas...."

The Grinch mocks her words before turning to her, "Grow up!"

"Then maybe it'll be alright for me, too!" She's really trying to get him to accept but failing as they continue walking around the cave.

"I'm sorry your session is over," The Grinch had enough of it while looking at a pretend watch. "Please make another appointment with the receptionist, the Lady in Black, on the way out."

"Please, please. You have to accept the award."

That made the father/daughter duo stop in their tracks.

"Award?" The Grinch likes this. He grabs her and holds her close to the floor. "You never mentioned an award."

"Yea, with a trophy and everything," Cindy Lou explains.

"And I won?"

"You won!"

"That means there were losers," he realized it.

"I guess. So, if you come-"

"A town of losers!" he places her back upright.

"We like it," Mercy Gracy steps in, smiling.

"Was anyone emotionally shattered?" he asked Cindy Lou with a smile. "Come on, a minute ago; I couldn't shut you up! Details, details!" he gently taps on her cheek.

"The Mayor wasn't happy," she admits.

"Oh, no," the Grinch pretends to be unhappy.

"Martha May and Kyle Ray will be there," she teases with a smile.

"Oh, she will?" he crosses his arms, smiling.

She nods her head.

"He will?" Mercy Grace asked with her eyes widened and blushing.

Cindy Lou nods again.

"And she'll see me....a winner," he likes the idea. "She'll be on me like Fleegle flies on a flat-faced flugel horse. I'm sorry to disappoint you, Martha baby," he points to a space, pretending it's his lover, "but the G train has left the station."

"So, will you come?" Cindy Lou smiles.

"Alright," he answers for both of them, making his daughter happy, but she has a bad feeling about what he is going to do now. "I don't know if it's that adorable twinkle in your eye," he walks towards the door with an arm around her, "or that nonconformist streak that reminds me of a younger, less hairy me. But you've convinced me. Who knows?" he got over to the rope hanging down from the ceiling. "This Whobilation could change my entire outlook on life!" he spreads out his arms.

"Really?"

"No," the Grinch glares, pulling the rope.

It made the platform under Cindy Lou's feet open down, causing her to let out a yelp and enter the chute back to Whoville. The invite flies out of her hands and ends on the cave's floor.

Cindy Lou appears out from the fun ride and onto the snow-covered ground.

"There you are, honey!" her father sees her after looking for her for a while. "You can make snow angels later," he takes her by the hand. "We can't be late for the lighting contest."