How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 6

Chapter 6:

The one thing that the Grinch doesn't know is that Mercy Grace has been receiving letters from Kyle Ray Maywho for years since she disappeared from Whoville. He was the only friend she had when she was in Who school. The first Christmas away from Whoville was when she saw a card from under the "Buzz Off!" mat. And since then, the Lady in lack has been hiding them from her father. Luckily, he still hasn't seen one yet.

The Grinch opens the larger door for the three of us. Just as she thought, under the mat is a green-colored envelope. She picks it up and places it in her cloak before entering and closing the door. He turns on the light as Mercy Grace sets her bag on the launcher. A poster of the mayor hangs in front of the launcher. The Grinch pulls the level, and they see the bag hitting the mayor right in the face! "Oh! Sweet!" He enjoyed the results.

The machine turns on while the Grinch and Mercy Grace get their cloaks off to feel the warmth from the furnist.

"Be it ever so, "Heinous." There's no place like home!" He lights up the whole cave while raising his arms.

The Who teen yawns before sitting down in her comfy chair. She takes off her boots to show off her pale, bare feet.

"First floor, factory rejects. Those Whos are hard to frazzle, Max, Mercy Grace!" The Grinch tells them while using the lift down to the second level.

"But we did our worst, Daddy," she smiles while going behind the red and green cover close to the dining room to change.

"And that's all that matters, daughter." He goes over to his cover. "At least we scared the bejeebers out of that little girl at the post office. She'll be scarred for life if we're lucky."

"Funny, she didn't rat on us, though," she mumbles. Mercy Grace replaces her Lady in Black dress with her nightgown. "Must be afraid of reprisals." She always wears the nightgown for the night is a simple, long solid black nightgown with a matching robe. So the extra pale skin won't be showing, mostly since she lives with two other males.

She meets up with her father at the heart machine while turning it on.

"I feel bad, daughter," she hears the Grinch says. "Real bad."

"Oh, really?" she smirks and shakes her head.

"Yea, I'm all....dead inside," he snickers. He was never the sympathy or empathy type. He returns for his daily heart check while the cave echoes his enjoyment.

Mercy Grace places the screen over his chest and puts it into focus. The x-ray shows his curvy spine and ribs, small lungs, and some foreign objects, but they focus more on his heart. It's pumping at a steady pace.

"Yes!" exclaimed the Grinch, making her grin. "Down a size and a half! And this time, I'll keep it off."

Her head shakes again while smirking.

"Get the stick, Max," he says to her little brother with a pretend stick. "Get the stick!" he throws it. Max runs after it. "There's no stick!" he snickers. "I'm smarter." The Grinch makes a running start to jump on his springy bed. "Any calls?" he checks the voicemail.

"You have no messages."

"Odd, better check the outgoing."

He presses the button, and his voice on the recording plays, "If you utter so much as one syllable, we'll hunt you down and gut you like a fish!"

"If you'd like to fax us, press the star key," Mercy Grace's voice adds in.

"Oh, well."

The Grinch gets out of his bed and ziplines down towards the sitting area into his chair. "That's more like it," he comments.