How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 11

Chapter 11:

Everyone in Whoville gathers around two houses, heavily covered with light displays. The two who entered the contest are Martha May and Betty Lou. Now, this is the finals.

"And now the excitement of the Whoville Lighting Contest put your hands together for Martha May Whovier!" The Mayor announces with his own excitement.

The Who citizens cheer as Martha waves back before pressing a button on her wireless remote. Her house lights up into a Winter Wonderland.

He clears his throat before speaking again, "Oh, yea. Betty Lou Who, the mother of the girl who invited the Grinch. Hit it, Betty," the mayor signals for her to start.

"Oh, Martha," she's standing on the roof, "looks like you beat me again....except this old gal has got more lights than her lady!" She smiles big. "Come on, boys!" Betty tells her sons, who are on bicycles connected to the power of her lights.

Stu and Drew smile back and begin to cycle, making the lights turn on.

Their mother turns on a button on her wired remote. Her theme is Santa Claus, showing the real Santa where to go.

Everyone seems to like Betty's display more so than Martha's. Kyle Ray is clapping for good sportsmanship. The judges are comparing each other's notes for a decision.

Martha presses another button to make another display of Season Greetings with beautiful decorations. A smile appears on her favorite fan's face, knowing she's thinking about her love, daughter, and him as a family in the display.

Betty Lou presses another button to show more of the display with neon light decorations, welcoming Santa.

They both show the last of their displays with either snowflakes or a big Christmas tree and fireworks. It was so bright that the judges had to have sunglasses on to carefully thoroughly look through the details. Soon, a decision is made.

The results are handed to the Mayor so he can announce the winner. "And the winner is..." he opens it and takes a pause when he sees "Betty Lou Who" on there, "by....a split decision."

The judges look at each other, confused as Kyle Ray glares at his uncle angrily. Martha can tell by his face that he's going to say the opposite.

"Martha May Whovier!"

Betty's excitement turns into sadness. Her family clapped anyway to be polite, but her sons died down the power of the lights. Martha accepts the award.

Meanwhile, the Grinch let out a yell as he sat upon his chair. "The nerve of the Whos," he looks at the invitation. "Inviting us down there on such short notice. Even if we wanted to go, the schedule wouldn't allow it!" He snaps his long fingers for Mercy Grace for the schedule. She opens it and shows it to him. "4:00, wallow in self-pity," he says, running his finger through each line. "4:30, stare into the abyss. 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one," he smirks at his daughter, who smirked back. "5:30, jazzercise. 6:30, dinner with me."

"You can't cancel that again," she reminded him.

"7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing. I'm booked," the Grinch came to a realization. "If I bumped the loathing at 9:00, I'd have time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?" he asked.

The Lady in Black smiles with her eyes closed while closing the book. So, the Grinch decided to go impress Martha as he did years ago. She places on her normal Lady in Black dress and attire as she stands next to Max at the mirror.

The Grinch gets a tablecloth to wear as a kilt, looking at himself in the mirrors.

Max barks at him.

"It's not a dress. It's a kilt!" he got annoyed with the family pet, taking it off to reveal a garter on his thigh. "Sicko!" he walks away to get another outside.

Then the teen decides to sit on a chair looking through a book, knowing this will take a while. She looks up when her father comes in wearing his potbelly stove outfit. He seems very uncomfortable.

"This doesn't fit like it used to," he confirms her thought.

The fire was still in the suit, surprisingly.

The next outfit is his bodysuit of bees. "This is more of a Spring look," he comments.

"Agreed," his daughter turns another page. "Okay," she places her book down and gets up from the chair. Not getting anywhere, Mercy Grace goes through his closet of old clothing. "Stupid!" she throws an article of clothing. "Ugly! Out of date!"

"This is ridiculous, daughter," the Grinch groans, annoyed. "If I can't find something nice to wear, then we aren't going!" he stomps off but stops at the sound of yielding. He takes care of whoever is yielding and returns with lederhosen. Mercy Grace had got to admit he did look nice. "That's it, we're not going," he confirms after posing.

It's the Whobilation. Everyone gathers around for the arrival of the Grinch and the Lady in Black.

"It's time for our Holiday Cheer-meister of the Year Award!" the Mayor announces through the speakers.

Martha and Kyle Ray are most excited to see the Grinch and Mercy Grace behind their calm looks while clapping.

"Congratulations, Mr. Grinch!" the Mayor faked the congratulates before quickly faking shock. "He isn't here. What? He didn't show? Who could have predicted this?"

Unlike him, the Whos are concerned about the lack of their presence.

Back up at the Mount Crumpit, Mercy Grace and the Grinch are having a staredown with his arms crossed over his chest. "Alright," he finally decides after thinking for a few moments, breaking the staredown. "We'll swing by for a minute, allow them to envy us, grab handfuls of popcorn shrimps, and blow out of there."

"Yes, Father," Mercy Grace smiles.

They begin to walk over to the drop off when he turns back, "but what if it's a cruel prank? What if it's a cash bar?" She facepalms. "How dare they?"

"Daddy, we're going to be late," his daughter tells him while standing on the platform.

"But we'll be fashionably late," the Grinch then argues with himself. "Alright! I've made our decision!" He joins his daughter. "We're going, and that's that!" He looks at his crossed fingers. "Oh! Had my fingers crossed."

Max annoyingly pulls the rope.

The Grinch and Mercy Grace fall into the chute towards Whoville.

"Maybe we should flip a coin!" he yells over the laughing teenage girl.