How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 8

Chapter 8:

"For some reason, when he came home that day, he really got into the Christmas spirit for the first time."

Young Grinch goes through the trash cans and finds what looks like a cyndinor object that widens out, and there's a platform. "Perfect!" he grins. Several silverware drops from a drawer in loud sounds. "Whoopsie!" He plays innocent with a wicked smile.

Remembering something, the young Grinch rapidly looks through one of his caretakers' stuff. One box opens, and he pulls out a necklace with different gemstones. "What a lovely family heirloom!" he comments, smiling, knowing precisely what to do with it.

He smashes the gemstones out with a hammer, having a great time. One by one, a gemstone is placed on the wings part of the gift.

A fire is lit on a pot with pliers in his hand. "The fires of love!" he grins wickedly, having a piece over the fire. "This will be perfect on the top of her tree," he screws two pieces together. "Oh, Martha! Oh, Christmas!"

Martha's gift from the Grinch is a beautifully handmade, metal angel topper for the tree. Everything is going great for him until he sees himself in the mirror.

"I want you all to look your best tomorrow."

"You don't have a chance with her. You're eight years old, and you have a beard!"

Their voices run through his head. His hand moved against his face, feeling the beard. In his heart, he wants to be the only boy for her, and the thought of it peer pressured him to do the unthinkable. A razor is picked up and turns on.

"One Christmas changed our lives forever," Martha explains.

"Mommy! Can we go to the store pretty please?" an excited, smiling little Mercy Grace asked her mother after school.

"Oh may, what do you need at the store?" Martha's surprised at her quiet daughter's outburst.

"I have a gift exchange tomorrow, and I want to give someone a gift," she says, blushing at the thought of Kyle Ray.

"She reminded me so much of her father," Martha says. "Whenever we go out shopping, Mercy Grace will always want to go to the Arts and Crafts store."

The little girl gets everything to make something special for the little boy. Martha watches with a smile at her daughter's creative mind.

"Oh, I sure hope this will make his Christmas tree even better!" Mercy Grace smiles big, using the hot glue gun.

Soon later, two homemade Christmas ornaments are made. Each is the same with an oval green background and red, beautiful lace in the borders are glued onto the background - making it an illusion of an antique mirror. She makes a finishing touch of a "K" on one of them, and another one has an "M." Originally, the little girl was going to put an "R" and a "G," but it didn't have enough room for them.

"Who's the special person in your class, Mercy Grace?" Martha asked about the "K."

She immediately blushes and answers shyly, "Kyle Ray Maywho."

Martha smiles. She knows the little boy and approves of him, even though his uncle is the Mayor of Whoville.

Her mother helps Mercy Grace by placing them in a small green box and wrapped it with a red ribbon. A small name tag has the writing of "To: Kyle Ray From: Mercy Grace" in the little girl's handwriting.

The next morning, everyone in the classroom is giving each other presents. Kyle Ray stays behind them because he's looking for Mercy Grace. In his hand holds a green envelope.