How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 3

Chapter 3:

For the last day of school before starting Christmas vacation, students in Cindy Lou's classroom have to tell their teacher what they are going to for the school report over the break. At first, she wasn't sure what to do on her report, but now Cindy Lou does.

"Cindy Lou," the teacher calls for her as she did for the others.

The little girl stands from her seat and speaks, "I've decided to do my report on two mysterious Christmas figures.....the Grinch and the Lady in Black." As soon as she mentions those words, the curtains flip open, surprising all of them, especially shocking her teacher. Cindy Lou simply smiles and shrugs it off.

"Cindy Lou Who!" the teacher exclaims at her, once getting her boundaries together. "You're staying after school!" that made the students "oooo" with smiles on their faces.

After school, the bell rings for Christmas vacation. Everyone runs out happily, almost knocking down Lou Lou Who. He manages to hold himself up and smiles at his daughter. "I'll take care of this," he mouths.

She nods her head worriedly.

Lou walks over towards the desks and speaks with her teacher, "Uhh, Ms. Ru Who, I understand that you are keeping Cindy-"

"Sit down, Lou!" she instructed him, using her ruler to point to a desk.

"Yes, ma'am," he sits down.

"Mr. Lou Who," Ms. Ru Who places the ruler down, "your daughter...." She isn't able to say the words of the recent news.

"All I said was, "I was planning on doing my report on two mysterious Christmas figures.....the Grinch and the Lady in Black"."

"Well, you know Cindy," Lou says, a little concern about the subject, "you really shouldn't be bringing up the Grinch and the Lady in Black."

The curtain flew open again at the mention of them, surprising them.

Lou stands back up, but he's stuck in the desk. He tried getting it off but couldn't. So, he walks over towards the teacher. "Don't worry about this. We'll take care of this," he tells her. "You properly remember me of how I was when I was little," he tries to lighten up the situation. "Now, I'm working as a postman at Whoville's Post Office."

"By the way," Ms. Ru Who speaks, "have you found my package?"

"No, we haven't," he answers.

Somehow, Lou manages to get the desk off of him before offering a hand to his little girl.

She accepts it, and they leave the school grounds.

"We'll talk about this later, Cindy," he tells her, "now we need to get back to the post office."

"Okay," Cindy Lou sighs.

As soon as the father and daughter arrive at the Post Office, countless Whos with wrapped Christmas presents calls for Lou Lou Who. He grabs a lot of gifts and gets on a roller ladder to sort them.

"But Dad," Cindy Lou speaks up, "I just don't understand something. Why won't anyone talk about the Grinch and the Lady in Black?"

"You kids and curious minds," he chuckles while throwing some presents into the sorting machine. "You see, Cindy," he pushes himself towards the other side, "the Lady in Black, first of all, is a Who, who had a bad experience during one Christmas. She's the same age as your brothers. And the Grinch is a Who, who always....Actually," he chuckles again, "he's not a Who. He's more of a...."

"A what?" she asked.

"Exactly, honey," he gets a few letters from a co-worker. "And he's a What who doesn't like Christmas. Take a look at his mailbox, sweetie." She walks over towards the very dusty and cobwebbed green mailbox labeled "The Grinch." "Not a simple Christmas card, in or out. Ever!"