Chapter 34

I look at my schedule, it's pretty tight. I'll be traveling to 3 other countries within 3 months. This should be fun. I've never had a tour this but before especially out of my continent so I'm really excited and super nervous but I trust my road manager to know what he's doing. Around the united states we'll be going to 5 cities and the record label was kind enough to book me a private jet as one of their best selling artists. When I started music I didnt think I'd be this big, an internationally recognized artist but God and the underground homies were looking out for me but I guess it also comes with the perks of being Sandiso Langa's grandson. The greatest producer and singer of his time, having to fill up his shoes has been a joy ride. I'm grateful honestly because if he wasnt who he was then maybe I would have struggled finding my way in the industry. Having to create my own name and brand wasnt easy, I wont lie, having to break out of his shadow was not the easiest thing to do but I'm grateful I'm here and i get to perform in front of millions. Knowing that all my tickets have been sold out in the United States gives me great joy. I'm worried about the other countries we'll be going to because I dont know how they'll respond to my music but we crossing fingers.
Rehearsals day in and day out and partying in between helps with the stress and panic.
So far I've performed in Chicago and the performance was lit. Liv pulled through for the weekend and then left on a sunday. This week we'll be in LA for a week, I love LA for its vibe more than anything and how good it looks and the crowd there never disappoints.
"Aaron we need you on stage in 5"
The stage director reports outside my room. I say a short prayer and then I walk out meeting guards to accompany me to the stage and all. When I get up stage the crowd goes wild, people screaming my name. I look around and my GOD it's really packed and my heart feels like its about to beat out of my chest right now. I clear my throat not trusting my voice to not fail me
"Wow. I wasnt expecting such a turn out"
They scream and some shout that they love me, I chuckle
"I love you too"
I say
"So we going to start with a little something slow. You guys dont mind if I sit down right?"
They go crazy and wild making so much noise i cant help smile. I wait for the band to start playing something as we rehearsed
"I know very few of you will understand the lyrics to this song but its and old song, and it's my first time performing it, I wrote it about a year ago. It's about a special someone to me. It will be dropping as soon as my tour ends"
Someone walks over to hand me a guitar and I thank them
"Now if you a fan, you'll know that I play a lot of instruments"
I chuckle, i start playing slowly and then sing the song. The response from the crowd only excites me because they enjoying it and that's all I ever wanted. Some call out my name, some scream and some just enjoy the song. I place the quite down and walk over to sit on the stairs
"Basically what I just sang can be simply translated to "I love you so. Theres none other love like you. If i died today best believe I'd die a happy man knowing i got to love someone as special as you"
I say and I get a couple of screams and chants. I continue with song singing the english verse and then I get up mid performance and move a little on stage with my dancers.
Yes the song was about Asante and after our first encounter last year when I got back from the states, I actually got inspired to write the song. The song merely talks about how much I love her, how much I'll never stop loving her, how I've met someone but here I am still thinking about her. Funny cause I only finished the song a few weeks ago and I hate that I cant get her out of my system, it's really messing me up badly because I dont want to hurt Olivia.
"The next song is probably the reason Columbia signed me. I dont know if you know the story behind it but it's about a girl I met in Johannesburg"
I let out a breath
"I was searching for a leading lady when I saw her and her friends about to cross. I halt to a stop and walked over to them. She was so shy and she didnt know me. Which was new for me because ladies know me"
I say with a chuckle
"Anyway, let me not bore you much but you'll understand as I sing it"
I say and then start singing the song I wrote when I met Asante. At least it's only 2 songs about her, sadly I haven't gotten to writing something about Liv yet.
By the time I'm done with my performance my voice is dry and my body feels like I've been run over by a truck. I throw myself on the couch and my manager walks in
"That was fire!!!"
He says and I nod tired
"Tomorrow we have a photoshoot at 4am. An interview at 7am and.... drum roll please"
He says and I just look at him
"This other hot shot company wants you to model their males cologne and another company wants you to do a shoot for their male wear"
He says all excited and I cant even get excited as he is with how tired I am
"Get some rest and I will see you tomorrow at 3:30 AM."
He says and I just wave and then walk to lock the room and head to take a nice long relaxing bath. After that I go over to my bed and eat while texting Liv asking her about her day. She video calls me
"Hey baby"
She says and I smile
"I watched you on perform on my cousin's live, she was there and she was so excited to see you that close"
She says and I chuckle
"Maybe when I get a chance we can hang out at the club. I'll be here for a week before we leave"
I say and she gets all excited
"Shes a huge fan of yours. She wont believe me when I tell her this"
She says and I chuckle
"How are you though? You seem tired"
She says and I nod
"You have no idea. When is your song dropping?"
I ask her and she shrugs
"I want to drop it when the hype about you has died down"
She says and I frown
"Why not drop it now with the hype about me. They might have you join me on tour"
I say and she still doesnt give me something
"I dont know, I have work here and the music thing is not a guarantee"
She says
"I thought you wanted to join me"
She shrugs
"Not like this though. I enjoy my time with you but I cant just up and leave my job and go on tour Aaron. I can only see you when you perform in the United States"
She says and I sigh
"I'll settle for whatever i can get"
I say and then yawn, I'm really tired from my performance and I want to do is sleep
"Let me leave you to rest then"
She says
"Thank you baby. Goodnight"
I say and she also says goodnight then we end the call. I finish eating and then make my way to make myself a cup of honey, lemon and ginger then add garlic. The remedy works for so many things but for me it's also for my sore throat from all that singing. When I finish my cup I go straight to bed.
.
.
To Be Continued