Part 3

"What if your Gift of Dreams is so powerful that you can do everything you want?" he said. I didn't understand. I don't know what is the Gift of Dreams. He said it many times, but never said what it is.

"What exactly is the Gift of Dreams?" I asked. The Grand Guignol rolled his eyes.

"The Gift of Dreams is like a power. Yours is so powerful that you can have many powers. For example: let's say that you want to read my mind, you just need to think about it and you should be able to read it." he said.

I didn't think that I wanted to read his mind......or I did? I thought that I want to know what is he thinking about.

"So if I think that I'm rich, I will be rich?" I asked.

"No. You can't ask for much money, fame and you can't ask to bring dead people back." the Grand Guignol said.

"So I can ask for five dollars?" I said. He nodded.

"Did you understand the plan?" the Grand Guignol asked.

His plan is to release a kids nightmares into the world. It's a horrible plan if you ask me, but whatever. He wants to steal a kid, to hypnotize him, put his nightmares into some big ass chambers and then to release them.

"Why do you need me?" I asked. I honestly can't see why he needs me.

"If your Gift of Dreams is as powerful as I think it is then you can just imagine that the plan will go well and nobody dies or we don't get caught" he said. It makes sense.

"Are we done for today? I have a lot of homework that I'm not going to do anyway so I'm going to my friend's house." I said. He rolled his eyes, again.

I wonder what is he thinking about. Maybe I can read his mind again. I repeat like ten times that I want to read his mind until I hear this:

Why is she leaving? I want her to stay with me.....

It was the Grand Guignol's voice again. Maybe I shouldn't leave...... no, I should leave. If I stay then he will know that I read his mind.

I take my jacket and leave.

I went to Kelly's house and I thought that the Grand Guignol can't read my mind, hear me or see me. I want to tell Kelly about him and I don't want him to know.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Apparently now me and my mom are kind of living with him." I said. I'm not going to tell Kelly about his plan. She's my best friend, but maybe she doesn't need to know everything about my life.

"How does he look like?" Kelly asked. Kids at school are mean to her. In third grade she said that she can see monsters and after that children started to call her monster girl.

"He is tall. He has a lot of scars, green lizard shaped eyes, his hair is quite long for a boy and I bet he doesn't brushes it." I said. Kelly looked shocked.

"It's the same monster that came to me when I was little." she said.

"It's impossible. The Grand Guignol is a psychopath, but I don't think he is that crazy that he would try to scare children for more then seventeen years." I said. Then I realised. What if he is doing this because of his sister? What if he wants to make her proud?......

"So how was the date with Victor?" I asked. Kelly looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"It wasn't a date. We were just two friends sitting on a bench in the park."

"Sounds like a date to me!" I said. We both started laughing. "But for real, how did it go?"

"Well we talked a lot about school and stuff." she said. I can't believe it. She sat on a bench with her crush and they talked about school? "And then we went to eat some ice cream and then we went home."

"Nice." I said then I paused. "Are you going to meet him soon?" I asked.

"Tomorrow we are going to the cinema." she said.

I start to hate that I helped her talk to Victor. What if she forgets about me or our friendship?