Part Two: Watercolour Streams & Wayward Thoughts

Your weekend was flooded with work and you struggled to keep afloat, keeping sane by relocating to a different area of your apartment so as not to get bored of the scenery. There wasn't a lot of variety in the scenery, of course, you were home for the weekend and that was that. It was partially your large workload but also your drive and determination to complete everything on time so the week to come wasn't as full-on. You were planning an event with a local museum and you wanted your mind clear so it could be your sole focus.

Your focus, however, kept meandering back to a head of curly hair, dimples and large hands clad in rings. A white suit. An exposed chest with exposed ink. He hadn't contacted you yet and you swallowed any disappointment you felt about that. You couldn't get distracted or caught up with anything aside from your career right now. You'd just left a relationship for this purpose and getting involved with him would be taking a massive step back.

You knew internally if he invited you out for a simple coffee or a meal, it would be no harm done, your schedule depending. As long as you remained sober and he didn't sit too close so his beautiful vanilla scent didn't cloud your mind so you could keep your head straight while being around him.

You shook your head and chastised yourself, forcing yourself to focus. You were just adding the finishing touches to a report when a text pinged through on your phone that was sitting on your bed and you practically pounced onto your covers, quick to unlock your device and seeing the text was from a number you didn't know.

Hiii, it's Harry from the other night, hope you're well. You free for lunch this Wednesday?

Lunch. Lunch was good. You had a yoga class around 11 that day that you'd somehow managed to squeeze into your already crowded week but surely meeting him for lunch couldn't be that bad. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to let out some energy before you saw him again. You reasoned with the fact that he was a pop star and was likely followed everywhere he went and the last thing you wanted was to get tangled in a potential media mess. You were hoping he didn't offer up a high profile eating spot where he'd be recognised every two seconds.

Hey Harry, it's nice to hear from you. I've got a yoga class but I'll be free from 12 then have a meeting at 4. What did you have in mind?

We could have a picnic somewhere? Could even be in my back garden if you're too embarrassed to be seen with me.

You snorted at his comment, imagining he found it funny as well. Embarrassment is the last thing you felt around him and you both knew it.

I like to think of it as charity work. Is the weather decent that day?

Rude. I checked and it's meant to be, but you know how London is.

Moody city. Yeah, let's do your house at 12:30?

It's a date ;)

Fiend. Text me your address before I block you.

Baby got bite! Yes, ma'am, I'll see you then x.

You held back a squeal of excitement at the idea of seeing him again. It would be a completely different aspect of both of your characters. You'd both be sober, you would be more carefree. You'd be alone with him. The thought is very intimidating and even though you're sure you expressed you didn't want to see anyone right now, you were outrageously flirty with him and he dealt it back. You hoped he picked up it wasn't your intent to confuse him, but it was your nature to be flirty and you could sense he was the exact same. And he was incredibly easy to be around, to talk to, to tease and joke with. You'd try to keep your thoughts at bay but it was so hard to even want to behave around him and he clearly didn't want you to. You felt a new found incentive to finish your work and have the next few days over and done with so you could see him again.