Part Nine: Drowning Heroine & Delivering Hits

T.W: Mentions of sexual misconduct

After fleeing from the embarrassing scene at your apartment, Harry drove to his sister's house in East London. He planned to vent, fill her in on his troubles and trust her to give him some guidance as she had so many times in his life.

Gemma let him in with a hug and got him settled at her kitchen counter with a mug of milky tea with a teaspoon of honey. She knew from past experiences it helped deteriorate his anxiety whilst she talked some calmness into his situation and investigate what was bothering him.

He talked for ages, pacing the white tile of her kitchen while she sat on a stool and listened to him. He told her how the two of you agreed to be friends, but flirt and have sleepovers where you share the same bed.  He expressed that his feelings had grown for you, and he was in a hard place.

You'd both been sleeping around like normal, but his heart had shattered when he ran into your hookup in your hotel in L.A. And then you closed off after his party, and how he felt so guilty for sleeping with his ex and you seemed upset by it but then went and had dinner with your ex. He knew he had no right to be mad at you but he was. He was fucking destroyed.

Gemma nodded in understanding and kept her advice simple because she knew he'd be hard to get through to when he was this upset and conflicted. 

"You need to tell her, H."

He growled in frustration. "I tried! But then I go over to her apartment and she's getting ready to go on a date with her fucking ex before I even had a chance."

Gemmas brows rose in question, "Did she tell you it was a date?"

That stumped him a little and he fought to find reason, "Well no, she said she was getting dinner with him but she was wearing this dress and heels and red lipstick and-"

Gemma stopped his pacing by placing her hands on his wide shoulders. "Harry. Did she look you in the eye and tell you it was a date?"

"I... no." He spluttered into silence.

"Okay... and did you even let her talk before you exploded at her?"

"No." He voiced in defeat.

She sighed and rubbed her forehead, "Harry..."

"Did I overreact?" He felt immense anxiety and remembered your face when he was yelling at you in your apartment. The hurt in your eyes that were glistening with tears, pools of pain and anguish he was swimming in.

"I mean... you're justified in being annoyed but you should have let her explain herself."

"Fuck." He exhaled, feeling like a fool for not cooling himself in the moment. He let his anger take control of himself and the situation and it hurt you. He was scared he'd fucked up so bad and he didn't know how to fix it without your entire relationship being rerouted to something different.

You'd sent him a few texts since he left your apartment and tried to call him a bunch and he'd ignored it all. He figured he needed to try and calm himself and figure out how to resolve all of this and if he answered you in that state it would have been messy.

His phone buzzed on the counter and he reached over for it. He frowned at the text he'd received from you and noted how odd it was, the letters immediately raising goosebumps up his spine.

need ur help rightnow

And the name of a restaurant in Covent Garden. It wasn't far, he was hoping he could make it there in time to help you with whatever was happening.