chapter 54

CHAPTER 54

LONDON'S P.O.V

I knelt and I prayed...

'God, please bless our lives with days full of love, laughter and happiness.. if there are times of sorrow, misunderstanding and anger; let our love, trust and loyalty weather through the storms with patience and fortitude... let what you have unite, not separated by any men.. Amen...'

As we finished our prayers, saya menoleh ke arah Kimmy yang baru membuka mata...

"what are you thinking about, sayang?" I smiled at her...

"Peter 4 verse 8..." she whispered...

"love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.." I love you, Kimberly...

Saya memajukan langkah to reach for the holy water for both me and Kimmy..

Tapi langkah saya dimatikan oleh suara yang saya pernah dengar cuma sekali...
"you can only marry... me... in this church... tesoro.."

ARMANDO.

I turned... only to find Armando taking slow and predatory steps towards us..

Then he raised his gun and pointed it at me...

TAK. I heard the snap of his gun... It was too fast, too unexpected...

Saya terdengar Kimmy menjerit...

Adakah ini hari kematian saya...? if I were to die today, God please guide Kimmy through a life without grief and pain...

PANG!! the gunshot was deafening.. I waited for the pain, I waited for death...

But nothing came... not pain nor death...

But Kimmy muncul di depan saya, merangkul leher saya... then her hands slowly mengusap kedua-dua pipi saya... kepala Kimmy mendongak... sebutir air mata kelihatan mengalir di pipi mulus dia... and she let out a gasp...

"KIMMY!!!" saya peluk dia... NO!! NO!! NO!!

I cannot lose you, baby...! I can lose anything... anything but you...! I would rather lose myself than lose you...

Saya jatuh tersungkur with Kimmy in my arms... saya rasa tangan saya panas... a warm liquid wet my hands... BLOOD.

"KIMMY!! SORELLINA!!" Kurtis rushed as I held onto Kimmy's limp body... her breathing getting heavy.. getting hoarse...

"get the car...!" Kurtis shouted at his men yang bergegas masuk to the church setelah mereka dengar bunyi tembakan...

"London..." Kurtis memegang bahu saya... I looked up at him, dengan penuh linangan air mata...

Dan ketika itu, saya menyedari Armando masih berdiri tercegat... the shock on his face that he shot Kimmy instead of me...

"tes.. tesoro..." the shock and pain in his voice... no! dia tidak berhak untuk merasa kesakitan yang saya rasa sekarang...!

Why, sayang? Why did you take the bullet that is meant for me?

His gun fell and the sound echoed through the church hall...

Kurtis pulled me up, as Kimmy is laid gently on the cold marble floor...

Kurtis put his gun in my bleeding hands... Saya dan Kurtis held the gun together...

And with one gun, Kurtis and I shot Armando with one bullet straight to his heart...

That is the most deserving death shot Armando could get... from the brother and the fiancée of the woman he shot...