Chapter 16

Izuku POV

The guy Kachan calls Kiri...shiaaa? Brought McDonalds, but I am not really hungry. I don't really like this guys presence. I can't trust him. I wonder if they are distracted if I could get this stupid needle out. I am currently laying on Kachan with my head in the crook of his neck and my arms over his shoulder, so if I could just shift my arm a little I could reach the brace.  I slowly started moving my arms together when Kachan lifted his shoulder real quick as if to nudge me.
"Here, eat this."
He took his other arm and put a chicken nugget in front of my face. I didn't want to eat it. I wasn't hungry, plus it came from this Kiri guy who I don't trust yet. I shrunk further into Kachan neck and covered my face trying to tell him I didn't want it, but I don't think he got the message.
"Izu... did you not see the nugget? It is..."
I started shaking when he said that. That...that was one of the toy names t-t-tod...he gave me. I didn't want to go back....I don't like that name....

3rd Person

The heart monitor picked up and both Bakugo and Kirishima noticed Bakugo tried to calm Deku down, but is wasn't working. Bakugo didn't know what was going on... he wasn't aware of the flashbacks going through izukus head right now. The little guy was whimpering and he started to squirm in Bakugos arm. The doctor rushed in along with some other nurses. They pulled Izuku off of Bakugo and injected something into his neck and he went completely limp within seconds. The doctor pulled the other boys out of room with all of the nurses.

Bakugo POV

What the hell was that?
"What the hell doc. Why did you pull him off of me?? WHAT did you give him?
"Please calm down sir. He was having a panic attack."
"What? I can tell when he has a panic attack. That wasn't one!"
"Sir, it was no doubt. Probably mixed with a flashback or two. Was there anything the 2 of you could have said or done to trigger it?"
"WHAT? No.... all I did was ask him if he wanted a chicken nugget?"
"That's all you said? Do you want a chicken nugget?"
"Bakubro, didn't you say 'here eat this' and then when he didn't, didn't you say 'Izu...did you not see the nugget?"
"Fine Shittyhair, but that is the same exact fuckin thing!"
"Actually it's not!"
"What do you mean"
"Bakugo chill out. He is trying to talk to you."
"We usually tell people who visit patients like izuku not to call them any names or nicknames other than their actual name. He quite possibly could have really bad memories of that nickname and you just reawakened them."
At that point, it made sense. I fucked up. Damn it, I probably just lost all trust in him now.
"Has he said anything to the 2 of you?"
I looked up at the doctor and then over to shittyhair. He just shrugged.
"No."
"We need to make sure he is okay. That head injury of his could affect his speech. It could affect any of his cognitive functions. Go back into the room. Wait till he wakes up. Remember what I told you and when he wakes up try to start a conversation with him and come get a nurse to grab me."
"Okay..."
"Don't worry he should wake up in 30."
"Thanks doc..."
"Woah, Bakubro didn't know you had a thanks in you"
"Shut it shittyhair"
"Copy that"
We walked back in the room and Deku looked really uncomfortable. Like they knocked him the least they could do is put him in a comfortable position(😏 Gomen nasai ) . I tucked him in and made sure he was more comfortable. I left the arm with the needle in it visible to both me and Kirishima just in case he trys to pull something (haha see my pun...no gomenne).  Shittyhair and I talked, while eating the McDonalds, which was pretty much cold now. I hate cold fries. To me they taste soggy, but to Kirishima that still tasted great! I lost most of my appetite after witnessing the panic attack. Out of the corner of my eye I see Deku start to stir, so I poked Kirishima, who realized it too. I walked up to the side of the bed and sat down. Not knowing if he wanted me to be near him or not.  He opens his eyes and looked around really confused and then his eyes locked onto mine.
"Hey", I said really quite.
He looked at me as if he was on the verge of tears.
"It's okay I won't hurt you. I am supposed to protect you. I am your bodyguard."
That hurt a little to say because he wouldn't be in this situation if I had done my job. He cocked his head to the side and looked at me as if he was piecing things together in his head. Then he .... he took a really deep breath?
"K-k-ac-acha-nn"
"Yeah, that's me"
He slowly started to cry. So I motioned for Kirishima to go get the nurses and doctors. He put his arms up like a child wanting a hug, and that is when he became concentrated on the needle again. I hugged him and held his hand so he couldn't mess with the needle. When the doctor came in I felt him grip me tighter. I pulled away a little to readjust and he whimpered and tried to hold on to me.
"Izuku Midoriya can you let go of Bakugo for me?"
He shook his head into my chest and I physically felt my heart snap. I had to pull away the doctor need to work and talk to Deku. Once I got him off me, I saw a tear run down his cheek. I felt bad so I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. I sat right next to the bed, so that he knew I was there.

Izuku POV

Once Kachan grabbed my hand, I felt a little better.
"Okay Mr. Midoriya, first question. How are you feeling?"
".....O-okay"
Kachan squeezed my hand tighter. I looked over to him and he gave me a sympathetic smile.
Pity
What was that? Oh....the voice is back. Great.
"Can you move your hand for me"
I did what the doctor told me and followed all the cognitive tests. I passed and the doctor was surprised. He really shouldn't be. I have been through this before. My body was screaming at me, but I didn't let it show.
"Well I have one more test! It is pretty basic. Just test memory and speech. Bakugo."
"Hmm?"
"Bakugo can you ask Midoriya a question that relates to you or could describe you? Just want to make sure not only Izuku remembers you, but can describe past memories. Good ones of course!"
"Ohhh. Okay. Hmm. Deku?"
I looked up at Kachan.
" if I was a singer like you, what would my name be?"
".....I-uhhh-h.." I paused thinking for a bit.
"DynaMIGHT"
Kachan raised an eyebrow at me.
"W-well, yo-u ha-ve a-a very explo-s-sive attitude when y-you were g-gaur-ding me a-and yo-U work w-ith Allmight....."
Kachan lifted my chin to make eye contact with me and I just weekly smiled.
"Cute..." was all Kachan said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1269 words
I was swamped with homework, so I decided to write this in class for payback. Also I love Bakugo's hero name because the Japanese spelling means god of the great killing bomb! Pretty much lord explosion murder.  Sorry for the late update😅