Chapter 14

The next morning Klaus woke up thinking last night was all just one really nice dream. That was until he heard the soft snores coming from the beautiful creature in his arms. He smiled one of his genuine smiles. She really had confessed her love for him and he for her. He had been holding that in for a while now, it was good to finally get it off his chest.

He was brought out of his content thoughts when he felt her shift in his arm and let out a big yawn. She looked up at him with a scrunched nose and rubbed her eyes adorably making his smile widen. Her memories of last night came flooding back and she smiled at him. He let out a sigh of relief knowing that she didn't regret telling him she loves him last night.

"Hi," Caroline greeted him groggily still curled up in his arms.

"Good morning love," Klaus replied

Caroline sat up and stretched her muscles before turning back to Klaus.

"We should get up." She told him. He frown clearly not wanting to leave their perfect little bubble just yet.

"Do we have too?" He pouted making Caroline giggle quickly turning his out into a smile.

"Yes we do. I can hear everyone downstairs. If we don't leave now the people will talk." She stated playfully making Klaus roll his eyes. Clearly a habit he'd picked up from her making her laugh again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Once Caroline and Klaus came downstairs with big smiles on their faces they were met by knowing smirks, except for Bonnie who looked mildly confused as the why everyone was smirking, even Elijah had a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Do the big smiles have anything to do with a certain declaration of love last night?" Katherine asked popping a piece of fruit in her mouth earning a scowl from Caroline and Klaus.

Bonnie nearly choked on her food. "What?!" She exclaimed looked frantically at everyone for an exclamation.

Kol was the first to answer, "Oh you haven't heard the news Bonnie lass?" Kol said feigning a shock face.

"What are you talking about." She asked Kol frustrated that she was being left out.

Caroline rolled her eyes at him as she went to sit down followed by Klaus who sat closely next to her.

"Nik and Caroline have finally confessed their undying love for each other." Kol said smirk still firmly in place. Klaus reached over the table and smacked Kol in the back of the head earning a "OW!" from Kol.

Bonnie gasped and looked at Caroline with a big smile. "It's about time you to argue like an old married couple!" She told them turning back to her food.

Caroline groaned knowing this wasn't the end of it. Klaus put a supportive hand on her thigh flashing her a soft smile which she returned.

"No the arguing was probably out of sexual frustration." Rebekah said casually.

Caroline went red in the face. Klaus threw his butter knife at his sister which she gracefully caught without looking up from her phone.

"Rebekah!" Elijah scolded his younger sister.

"She's right tho," Stefan muttered under his breath.

"Wow Stefan your supposed to be on my side!" Caroline said holding her chest faking hurt.

Stefan laughed at her dramatic display.
"I am. I'm just saying." He finished with a shrug.

Katherine and Rebekah snorted. The rest of breakfast went by peacefully but as always the easy moment was ruined when Marcel strolled into the manor as if he owned it with a frown on his face.

"Ah. Marcel please come in." Klaus said sarcastically from behind Caroline who was sprawled out on his lap.

Marcel raised an eyebrow at them but chose not to comment and went straight to the point.

"My informant tells me you've been using magic, Bennett."

"I was learning a new spell." Bonnie said which wasn't a complete lie with a shrug.

Marcel seemed to believe her.
"Alright well don't let it happen again." He told her.

"Don't threaten her." Kol all but growled at Marcel.

"Hey! I'm not threatening her. I'm just letting her know." Marcel stated but the threat was still looming his voice.

"Well that sucks. She's a witch. Magic is her nature. It's what she does. And if she wants to learn a new spell then so be it. It's not like she's using it on you. So get over it." Rebekah said in a bored tone not looking up from her phone before Caroline could say anything.

"Well I don't know that. Witches aren't aloud to use magic in 𝘮𝘺 city. If you don't like 𝘮𝘺 rules. Leave. Bye Princess. " Marcel said throwing a smirk at Caroline before leaving.

"I'm going to rip his lungs out." Kol stated sitting back down beside Bonnie with a huff.

"Not if I do it first." Klaus growled glaring at the closed door.

"What's his problem with witches?" Stefan asked.

"He's scared. That has to be the only reason. He was paranoid about having wolves in the quarter so he cursed them. He's scared the witches are going to try to pull something against him so he kills them when they do magic. That has to be it." Caroline said with a thoughtful expression.

"The real question is how is he controlling the witches. Because there is no way he just knows they're using magic." Katherine stated.

"That's what we've been trying figure out since before you all got here." Elijah told her.

"I might be able to help with that." A voice said coming from the door.

Everyone snapped their heads to see who had walked in. It was josh coming to tell Klaus about his newest discovery.

"Pray tell what do you know Joshua." Klaus asked adjusting Caroline on his lap as he sat up.

"I followed him yesterday to the St. Anne's church up to the attic. He has a teenage witch named Davina up there. She was telling him about how Bonnie was doing magic." Josh finished shifting his gaze nervously around the room.

"Why would a witch have other witches killed." Bonnie asked with a frown.

"That's just it. I don't think she knows he's killing them." Josh finished looking at Klaus to see if he could go now. Klaus nodded and with that he left.

"Well it looks like we need to pay a visit to a little witch." Klaus smirked.