Chapter 18 (Wrong Timing)

Nina POV

"We will be having a Ball, are first ever gathering with the Beauxbatons & Drumstrang. We will be celebrating are Achievements." Dumbledore was making plans for the school.

"What will this ball be called?" A girl from the audience spoke.

"The Enchanted Ball" Dumbledore announced "Magical" he whispered with a smirk. "In two weeks"

Silence for a moment, clapping and whistling coming for the tables. Everyone excited for are first Ball with the Beauxbatons Girls & the Drumstrang Boys. Better yet the theme is magical, a magical dress.

"Are you excited?" Hermione had a huge smile on her face.

"No" Harry said.

"Yes!" I said excitedly, Hermione & I were both heavenly excited for this ball.

"I suppose you two are happy about this" Ron frowned at me & Hermione, but we just giggled.

Everyone gossiping about the ball, girls trying to impress the boys. They look far to desperate for a date. The boys could care less, they only want to show up for the food. It became quite when the door swings open.

Draco was standing there, my brother Harry got up slowly from the table & stared at Draco. The tension between them was intense, the whole school was silent.

I started pulling Harry from his sleeve for him to sit, but instead he started walking towards Draco. Ron got up backing up for Harry.

Professor Lupin stand in front of Harry, he whispered something into his ear & it made Harry turn back around & sit down.

My back was facing Draco, I couldn't turn back to look at him because Harry's right here. I could tell Draco was staring right at me.

"You may all go back to your dorms" Professor McGongall release us.

"Are you coming Nina?" Hermione ask me.

"I'll catch up" I said to them, they all nodded there heads Ron & Hermione already knew what I was going to do.

Draco stayed behind as well, as soon as Harry was out of sight I ran into his arms. I miss his touch on me, I had my arms around his neck. I was breathing down on his neck. He had his hands on my waist.

"I read all your letters" I stared into his eyes with a smile, but Draco wasn't looking at me instead he look angry "what's wrong?"

"What does Potter want?" He grind his teeth & raise a brow. I let go of him, but he hold me tighter.

"Draco..." I mumbled.

"I want you-" Draco whisper harshly "to stay away from him" he let go of me.

"But I- I can't" I said while shaking my head.

"You can't or you won't?" He said in a violent manner.

"He's my friend Draco you know that" I assured him, but he seemed to get more angry.

"That's not what my father told me, he said your a liar" Draco looked disgusted, which it was honestly pissing me off.

"I never met your father" I cleared my throat.

"Clearly" he sounded annoyed "What's it going to be?"

"Don't ask me to chose between you too" I scoffed.

"Why because you'll chose him?" He ask me, Draco was staring straight at my eyes, I put my head down.

"Weather you like it or not your stuck with me" He raised my chin, & right after he said those words he walk away.

I stared at him while he walk away from me, something happened during the break. Draco was being so much more controlling, more angrier in a way.

The next day I attended all my classes but Draco did not, i couldn't stop thinking about the conversation me & Draco had last night. I replayed it in my head over & over again.

"Nina?"

"Huh?" I came back to reality, Ron was snapping at me.

"Have you been listening to anything I've told you?" Ron sounded displeased, but I just fake a smile & shake my head.

"If I ask Hermione to the Ball, do you think she'll say yes?" Ron stuttered, he was worried what Hermione response would be. Honestly they both need to get together already.

"She'll say yes trust me" I assured Ron, & he blush.

Harry came up behind me & tap me on my shoulder, he signaled me to come. I excused myself from Ron & I followed Harry.

"I told you I was going to be honest with you, I need to tell you..." Harry interrupted himself.

"We'll spit it out" I raised my brows, confused & concern.

"I'm with Ginny" Harry said nervously, he's never been good with girls.

"Really? Does Ron know?" I ask him

"Maybe I- I don't know actually" he stuttered.

"Just don't be so nervous with her, your literally sweating Harry" I laugh at him.

"I'm not!" He check himself.

"Any news on you know who" I ask him, meaning if theirs news on Voldemort. But he just shake his head meaning No.

I walk away from Harry, & went back to Ron for are studying. He prefers to study with me, he says Hermione makes him nervous & Harry's a distraction. But what does that make me, the boring one.

When we were done, it was night time already. We ran back to the Gryffindor Common Room before any Professors saw us.

"Who's there!?" A professor yelled out. I flinched I drop my Diary & run with Ron.

There was no time to go back for it, I left it there. First thing I have to do tomorrow is go get it. I have secrets on there, secrets that should stay as they are.

Pansy POV

I couldn't sleep, Draco wouldn't let me cuddle with him on the sofa. I ran out crying, why doesn't he want me I've tried so hard for him.

I stumbled across a book or maybe a journal.

"A diary who's could it be" I flipped open the pages looking for a name.

"Potter"