(10) Bonding {part two}

Comment and vote!

[Valentina's POV]

It took only fifteen years for me to realise that having a large family is more fun than spending an entire day in an amusement park. Seriously, I haven't lived in a house this noisy and vibrant ever.

Heck I haven't lived in a mansion. Period.

This new reality still feels so hard to digest. It's too much. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Just…overwhelmed in a good way maybe? Yeah, that's it.

"Can I call you Tina?", Max tilted his head a little.

Looking up from the pool of legos all around us I realised my little brother had asked me something. It took me a second to snap myself out of my chain of thoughts to reply.

I smiled. "Sure."

"Thank you", Max seemed satisfied. "I like short names. My name has only three letters and I prefer that. Almost all my brothers have big names."

"They do", I nod.

Max paused, flipping a lego in between his fingers before looking back at me. "They are all also very big. Sometimes my neck hurts looking at Tony."

That made me chuckle. "Right again."

"I also want to be tall like them. And muscular", Max grinned, his baby teeth showing.

"Oh trust me you will be. It's in the genes", I sighed, realising no one's particularly short in the family. "I just hope you don't grow taller than me."

"Why?", Max frowned cutely.

"Because I'm older than you", I shrugged, like it was obvious.

"Mom is older than my brothers. She's shorter than them", Max pointed out, tilting his head curiously to the side.

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. "Got me there."

I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with a cute kid. Man are they smart and observant. Or maybe it's just my little brother. I've noticed he's actually pretty intelligent for his age.

"I hope I grow up fast", Max continued, joining two legos as he spoke.

"Why would you want that?", I asked, genuinely curious.

Who wants that??

"I also want to go to work everyday like my brothers and help them in the office", Max shrugged, making me smile. "If I help them atleast then they'll come home sooner and spend time with me."

Hearing the last part made me frown a bit. "They don't usually spend time with you?", I couldn't help but ask.

"They do", He answered, seeking another lego from the pile. "But most of the time they return from work after my bedtime. Dad doesn't allow me to stay up past my bedtime."

"Oh", I nod in realisation. "So you miss spending time with them?"

Max hummed, smiling once he found the piece he was looking for.

I thought for a second, before I broke the momentary silence between us. "What would you do if your brothers came early from work?"

"I'd ask them to play with me", Max shrugged, making my heart go out for his cuteness.

"And what would you play? Legos?", I pointed around us.

Surprisingly, Max laughed looking up at me. "My brothers are not good with legos. They get frustrated when they cannot find the right pieces. Only grandpa and I are good with this", He smiled fondly, pausing before saying his next words. "You're good too."